Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Sunday, November 6, 2016

#Interview With A.C. Greenlee!



Hey Everyone!! :-)

We've got A.C. Greenlee here with us today to talk about herself and her new release, Genesis: The Awakening.  A.C., can you tell us about yourself and how many books you have written?

AC:  My name is A.C. Greenlee and I write Paranormal Romance, Action, Fantasy and Adventure. I am twenty-six years old and I was born and raised in Memphis Tennessee. Other than being a writer, web designer and complete and utter video game nerd, I spend a lot of time reading any and everything I can get my hands on. I have written five feature length novels, an anthology, and a heaping of short stories.

Me:  Sounds like you're a busy lady! :-) What inspired your latest book?

AC:  My latest book is Genesis: The Awakening. I finished writing it in 2014 and sat on it for nearly three years because I wasn’t sure how my audience would receive it. In the three years it took me to write it I was inspired by many things; the Villisca Axe Murders in Villisca Iowa, several Japanese Anime such as Unbreakable Machine Doll, Full Metal Alchemist, High School of the Dead and Psycho Pass. A great deal of my inspiration for Genesis also came from the fact that I wanted to write about a character who had all the classic traits of an ass-kicking heroine, but still had the capacity to be soft, feminine and make a ton of mistakes. In other words I wanted to create a character who was human in every possible way, and yet wasn’t.

Me:  Sounds like an interesting story! What are you working on now?

AC:  Currently I am working on the sequel to my early 2016 novel, Bad Grades, entitled Bad Intentions.  It follows Henri, twin brother to Daniel from the first novel, on his journey to usurp and dismantle the treacherous Paragon Genetic Solutions, a company that kidnaps and exploits child psychics, turned him into a killing machine and nearly succeeded in doing the same thing to his twin. It’s scheduled for release in Spring 2017.

Me:  Wow! Sounds exciting! :-)  What authors, or books, have influenced you?

AC:  I am one of the biggest Anne Rice fangirls I think you will ever meet. Her The Witching Hour was one of my all time favorite novels and still heavily influences my life and my writing. I am also in love with other Paranormal authors such as Katie MacAlister, Kim Harrison and Sherrilyn Kenyon.

Me:  I agree that Anne Rice is pretty awesome. :-)  What are you reading now?

AC:  I feel terrible because I haven’t finished it yet but as of right now I am reading The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchinson. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves a good thriller or is just looking to try something new. It’s wonderfully written and is so gripping it will keep you glued to your seat for hours on end. I recently was reprimanded for reading it at work, haha.

Me: Ha! Uh oh! Better get that nose back to the grindstone. ;-)  For those who might consider reading your book, what would you tell them to expect?

AC:  Expect to feel. Expect to get angry, to laugh, and maybe even fall in love. I put a lot of effort into making my characters as realistic as possible. They are people and I honestly can’t wait to introduce you to everyone. Most you will adore, but there are plenty that even I can’t stand and I created them.

Me: I think those are the best characters, sometimes. :-)  What is your favorite part of being an author?

AC:  Being able to share my imaginary friends with the world. As I mentioned, I love the people I create. And nothing makes me happier than to read a comment or an email from an excited reader telling me how much they want to strangle one of my characters. Chances are, I’ve already tried to strangle them and failed!

Me. I agree! It's awesome when readers respond to our work. Do you have a day job as well?

AC:  Yes and I absolutely love it. I am a web and graphic designer.

Me: Lucky you loving all your work! ;-)  What are the hardest and easiest parts about being a writer?

AC:  The hardest part is creating the time to write. Being able to completely immerse yourself in a story with zero distractions is nearly impossible in this day and age. But, when you find that time, there’s nothing better. And the easiest part, for me, has to be loving what I write. I am fortunate enough to work with a publisher that puts no pressure on what kind of work they want me to produce. So I am free to write what I want, when I want.

Me:  That kind of publisher is a lucky find! :-)  What genre do you place your book in?

AC:  Genesis is a Paranormal Fantasy epic. But it is also Action, Adventure and Romance. I call it Multi-genre because there’s simply no other way to explain it.

Me:  I think those are the best stories. :-)  Is there anything else you'd like to tell your readers?

AC:  That I’m so happy you’re here and I can’t wait for you to see what I, and my characters, have in store for you.

Me:  Wonderful! And so these fine folks can do just that, are there any links you'd like me to post?

AC:  I would love for you to post the pre-order link to Genesis: The Awakening!

Synopsis:
Cursed with enhanced mental abilities and consistently degrading eyesight, Victoria Bouchard is a walking medical phenomenon most talented neuroscientists could never hope to unravel. As she struggles to cope with the news of her impending blindness, she learns of a deranged serial killer deemed by the FBI as the 'Ghoul Butcher’ who’s rapidly making his way towards her humble University in the heart of Rural Iowa. With police on a manhunt and the locals in a frenzy, her visual health is suddenly the least of her worries. On the other hand, her lover and best friend Kaizer Dresden is determined to keep his distance from the case as it unfolds. As a Grim Reaper, stripped of his powers and exiled from his home world to serve out a three hundred year sentence on Earth; he knows he would be the prime suspect in the eyes of the immortals who banished him. But with the seemingly unstoppable Ghoul cutting a swath right for them, he and Victoria have no choice but to take matters into their own hands and investigate the murders in order to protect his new found home.

Excerpt:

Chapter Six -

“If you compare doing your job to being a flunky then so be it, I will gladly accept that title. But being our brother’s flunky will always remain preferable to the constant headache you represent,” he said and Kaizer snorted.

“Whatever you say, man. That mentality is what’s wrong with this world already. Everyone wants to be a follower and any poor sap with the backbone to lead is either beaten until they can't stand, or shipped off somewhere they can’t pose a threat.”

“I’m not going to discuss politics with you, Kaizer. That is not why I’m here,” Zain gave him a pointed look that he ignored.

“You’re only saying that because you know I’m right,” he grumbled, slipping into his thoughts as the train rapidly filled with Reapers and eased slowly into motion. He had to admit, part of him was still majorly sore, not only at Ezra but at Zain as well. He’d been there the day he was served his temporary dismissal papers and had even assisted their elder brother in binding his powers and walking him to an exit terminal. All because he slipped up, once. After years upon years of being everyone's whipping boy, of being the perfect soldier, they discarded him like trash. The order of their world was nothing more than a dictatorship, but instead of there being one maniacal asshole controlling everything, there were four.

The Guardians made public appearances only to deliver punishments and ruin lives. They were enigmas, mysteries to the population who lived under the thumbs of men they barely knew. He spent his childhood running errands for the four, spending family dinners in oversized mansions as they celebrated the prodigy that was Ezra. Urian was a drunk, Baptiste was a glutton, Eryx hated the Dresdens and refused to have anything to do with them, and Obelix…the father Grim Reaper and first of their kind…he was the most unfathomable of them all. The bastards left four viceroys in charge while they gallivanted about doing whatever they wanted. Ezra, obviously one of the chosen, was the Führer who made sure every single Reaper did his job or paid a hefty price in blood and bone for their insubordination. In times of war, he was the Commander and Chief, the deranged chess champion shifting his pieces around the board. And they were all his pawns, even his own flesh and blood siblings. His eyes went to Victoria who watched the Reapers, her beguiling gaze full of wonder, unknowing of all the sordid, wicked under workings of the dimension he called home. He was once again reminded of just how innocent she was, and naïve, not only of his world but life in general. Kaizer reached out to finger the little white bandage at her temple, the sight of her laying on the basement floor unconscious haunting him. How many times now had she almost lost her life, or had been injured dealing with him? And the worst yet was still to come.

Pre-order:

http://bit.ly/GenesisAwakening

Social Links:

http://www.amazon.com/author/acgreenlee

http://www.facebook.com/booksbyacgreenlee

Http://www.twitter.com/lillium_violet

Http://www.acgreenlee.com

Me:  Perfect!  Thanks so much for stopping by today, A.C., and thank you everyone else for joining us. Don't forget to check back tomorrow for the latest installment in Mistral Dawn's Musings! :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment