Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 398


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Three-Hundred-Ninety-Eight:
My hominid-servant has taken to wearing coverings on her feet that I find quite distracting. These foot-coverings have large, fuzzy ornaments on the front of them that bob and dance as she walks. The movement of these ornaments causes an overwhelming need in me to chase and pounce on them.

This would not be a problem, except that my hominid-servant vociferously objects when I engage in this activity. She has even gone so far as to push me away from her and pound her feet against the floor of the domicile when she notices that her foot-covering ornaments have caught my attention once again.

Every attempt I have made to explain the situation to her and persuade her to either discontinue the use of these foot-coverings or accept my need to dismember these ornaments has met with stubborn misunderstanding on her part. I have to believe that her refusal to understand is purposeful because at other times she seems quite astute, so I know that she is intelligent enough to grasp clear attempts at communication. As evidence of this, she has even taken to hiding her tempting foot-coverings in a small room when she is not wearing them and obstructing my access to them by closing the door to the room, which of course has a handle that I am unable to manipulate.

This deliberate lack of comprehension seems to be the strategy she uses anytime she wishes to avoid a topic, which is something I find both frustrating and endearing. This reaction on my part concerns me, as it does not seem entirely rational. Perhaps my own psychological equilibrium is being affected by my association with the hominids.

*sigh* I can resist anything but temptation too, Agent Thoth. ;-)  You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-)  Happy reading, everyone!


2 comments: