Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 402


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Four-Hundred-Two:
My hominid-servant has recently installed a tree on the inside of my domicile. I find this choice to be decidedly odd, however, I do admit to enjoying the opportunity to explore at least one example of local flora in minute detail. Unfortunately, my hominid-servant does not seem to understand the opportunity presented by this tree.  Every time I climb up into the branches to more closely examine the structures of the plant, she exclaims quite loudly and chases me away from the tree.

I am further frustrated by the fact that, instead of transplanting the tree with its root system intact, she has instead chosen to cut the tree near its base and place it in a container of water to extend the amount of time it remains fresh. However, the tree is still undeniably dead and it is just a matter of how long it will take for the corpse to decay. Which, of course, impacts the validity of any observations I may manage to make despite my hominid-servant's interference.

To make matters worse, all of the flora and fauna that normally colonize a living structure as large as a tree have, for the most part, been removed. Oh, there are some, small areas where lichens still grow on the trunk and branches of the tree. And I have certainly made records of those areas and continue to monitor them. But, for the most part, the tree makes for disappointing study. I do not know if my hominid-servant intended the tree to be compensation for her refusal to facilitate my out-of-doors explorations but, if so, I must say that her efforts have fallen flat.

Poor Agent Thoth. Hominids can be so unreasonable. ;-)  You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-)  Happy reading, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. great post, I can just see Thoth inspecting the tree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Just wait until you see what he does next. ;-)

      Delete