Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 811


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Eight-Hundred-Eleven:
My hominid-servant has recently started taunting the juvenile felid with the offerings he enjoys hoarding. I'm not certain if this is a newly developed sadistic streak in her personality, or if there are legitimate motivations for her actions. Either way, I believe it is possible that she may drive the young creature into an emotional breakdown.

In spite of the apparent cruelty, I must admit that my hominid-servant has been rather clever in her tactics. She waits until the small annoyance emerges from his lair beneath her sleeping platform to eat, and then she gathers the offerings and brings them into the common area of my domicile. Once the irritating beast is finished with his meal, my hominid-servant shakes one of the offerings that contains a bell to get his attention. Once he realizes what she has done, my hominid-servant proceeds to scatter the offerings throughout the common room so that the little idiot feels compelled to gather them up again.

Unfortunately for my youthful companion, he lacks the opposable thumbs that allow my hominid-servant to carry many of the offerings at one time. Instead, he is forced to take each offering, one-by-one, back to his hiding place before returning to recover the next offering. My hominid-servant takes shameless advantage of this fact by waiting for him to gather several of the offerings and then retrieving them from beneath her sleeping platform, once again, when the poor youngster is occupied trying to find the rest of his treasures.

Generally, my hominid-servant repeats this pattern several times until her victim comes to her and begs with pitiable cries for mercy. She does usually relent, at this point, and the exhausted adolescent is allowed to reassemble his baubles and return them to his collection. But, I am baffled as to why she feels the need to engage in such a seemingly spiteful display to begin with. I will continue to monitor the situation and report back with any further developments.

Hominid behavior can be so bizarre! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment