Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 1127


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Eleven-Hundred-Twenty-Seven:
I believe this will be the final installment of my report regarding my recent attempt at escaping the confines of my domicile. I apologize that it has turned into such a saga, but I’m certain you understand my reaction given the facts of the case.

To continue, as I previously explained, I was rather distraught at both my failure and the subsequent treatment I received from my hominid-servant. This is an emotional state that was only exacerbated by the fact that, after providing edible delicacies to the other quadrupedal residents of my domicile but denying them to me, my hominid-servant continued her castigation of me for what she termed “antisocial behavior,” and forced me to endure a scathing analysis of how my actions amounted to "picking on the other animals” while I was held as a captive audience. At one point, she even referred to me as a “bully!"

My hominid-servant went on to explain that she “expects me to know better." A statement that utterly baffled me as it is she who is obstructing vital research!

Ultimately, my hominid-servant refused to release me from the punishment box until she had cleaned up all of the shards of broken objects that resulted from my knocking them from the horizontal platform in order to use the resulting noise as a distraction. I must admit, the humiliation of this experience still stings, and I am utterly exhausted by the burden of reliving it. I believe, now that I have finally completed my report, that I will withdraw and rest before again applying myself to devising a solution to my hominid-servant's interference with my research.


*sigh* The things a dedicated DPCIL Agent is forced to put up with. ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment