Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 1126


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Eleven-Hundred-Twenty-Six:
Greetings. I will, once again, attempt to complete my report on the debacle that resulted from my latest attempt to skirt my hominid-servant’s stricture against my leaving my domicile to engage in the research that is so crucial to the successful completion of my mission. As I last reported, my hominid-servant restored order rather quickly simply by virtue of the fact that she has the capacity to be louder than any of the rest of us, when she so chooses.

Once the others had quieted and departed, my hominid-servant focused her attention on me and chased me through my domicile with a rolled-up periodical making horrific threats against my person. I did my best to evade her, but being confined in my domicile limits my mobility rather significantly. It didn’t take long for my hominid-servant to corner and capture me, and I was hesitant to further escalate the situation by deploying the C.L.A.W.S. since, though she restrained me, she did not actually attempt to do me harm.

What she did do was confine me in the box she uses for punishment and give me what I’m sure she considered to be a rather stern lecture. Which is something that was both infuriating and humiliating to endure, since it is her behavior that’s deserving of censure, not my own. Then, to add insult to injury, she distributed edible delicacies to the other quadrupedal residents of my domicile, apparently, in an effort to soothe them. I believe it goes without saying that none of these treats were offered to me, despite the fact that I was the one most in need of consoling.

In fact, I find myself, once again, overcome at just the memory of the injustice. As the remainder of my report is simply an analysis of my hominid-servant's obtuseness, and my own emotional reaction, I believe it can wait until I have regained some composure. Perhaps a little more time between me and the events in question will lessen the sting.


Ugh! The inhumanity! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment