Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 598


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Five-Hundred-Ninety-Eight:
After my last entry, I took the time to reflect on my hominid-servant's obtuseness. It occurred to me, that instead of getting frustrated, it would be much more productive for me to approach the matter with a scientific mindset. First, I will need to determine if her noncompliance is deliberate or if she is truly ignorant of the problems created by her conduct. Once that basic distinction is resolved, I will then be able to best decide how to proceed with correcting her actions.

Towards that end, I will study my hominid-servant's behavior and experiment with different behavioral-modification techniques. This will allow me to determine which methods are most likely to produce desirable behaviors and which are ineffective or lead to even less desirable behaviors. Hopefully, these experiments will help guide my research into the inner workings of the hominid psyche.

In this way, I will accumulate data on why hominids act the way they do and how best to influence the conduct of domestic hominids to facilitate positive interactions with DPCIL agents. Perhaps, I will even be able to publish a hominid training manual, which would undoubtedly prove valuable to my fellow DPCIL agents. I will report periodically on my progress with this project and will share the most efficient behavioral-modification techniques as I discover them.


At last, a plan! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment