Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 594


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Five-Hundred-Ninety-Four:
As I've mentioned in the past, my hominid-servant often consumes delicacies that I believe would be perfectly compatible with a DPCIL agent's digestive system, however she is stubbornly reluctant to share her bounty with myself or the juvenile felid. Therefore, it was with some amusement that I observed recently the young creature making a study of practicing his stalking skills on my hominid-servant's plate.

I must admit, what the small nuisance lacked in skill and finesse, he more than made up for in determination. My hominid-servant repeatedly rebuffed his advances, but he gave her no peace, making it impossible for her to consume the food she had assembled for herself. Every time she tried to eat, there he was, trying to stick a paw or a nose into her meal.

Eventually, my hominid-servant's vigilance flagged, and the tiny terror was able to snag a piece of her victuals and abscond with it. My hominid-servant's reaction was both immediate and violent. She leapt from her seat and chased the juvenile felid from one end of my domicile to the other, gesticulating wildly and vocalizing her discontent at high decibel levels, but he tenaciously clung to his prize.

Finally, he retreated under my hominid-servant's sleeping platform. After much growling, snarling, and threatening with the C.L.A.W.S., he was able to dissuade her from her pursuit. She abandoned her quest, though she continued to mutter dire imprecations and made several references to replacing us both with stuffed toys, and my young companion was left to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

Unfortunately for him, it turned out that he had snared a sample of the local vegetation that my hominid-servant is prone to ingesting. Frankly, I don't see how she could possibly enjoy the things, but she does make a habit consuming them, so there must be some benefit to them that I've been unable to detect. At any rate, I believe the situation was summed up well by the statement my hominid-servant vindictively tossed at us both when she snatched the bedraggled edible off the floor of my domicile after the juvenile felid discovered for himself just how noxious the thing was, "Cats don't like carrots."


Drat! Foiled again! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment