Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Sunday, July 24, 2016

#Gems Of #Strength #Anthology: Focal Point By Christie Stratos!


Hey Everyone!! :-)

Today, it's Christie Stratos' turn to tell us about her story Focal Point, another fine addition to the collection of  sisterhood stories that I've shared with you, The Road To HappinessA Mother's Heart, Combustion, Vanquish, Undeniable Love, Childish Things, Fox, and Burned Toast from the Gems of Strength anthology.  Christie, please tell us a bit about yourself and your story. :-)

Karen:
 Excerpt Focal Point:

“It’s just a deep laceration across your cheek,” the doctor says. I don’t like that he uses the word “just”. It hurts as he cleans the blood and the cut.
“But how deep? How bad is it?” I ask. It feels like he doesn’t think this is a big deal. He seems annoyed, wasting his time on a cut. He hands me a mirror. My heart jumps. Do I want to look? I guess I have to. I aim the mirror at my cheek. My heart doesn’t feel like it’s there anymore. This isn’t a cut, and it’s not a laceration. It’s a gash that goes into my face. Is that bone I see? I feel like I’ll faint, like I might float away. This can’t be real…





BIO
Christie Stratos is an editor and award-winning writer who holds a degree in English Literature. She is the author of Anatomy of a Darkened Heart, the first book of five in the Dark Victoriana Collection. Christie has had short stories and poetry published in Ginosko Literary Journal, Andromedae Review, 99Fiction, and various anthologies. An avid reader of all genres and world literature, Christie reads everything from bestsellers to classics to indies.



No comments:

Post a Comment