Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 124


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth is back today with some more thoughts about life with the hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day One-Hundred-Twenty-Four:
I have been here for several lunar cycles now, and have long since completed my examination and cataloging of the domicile I share with my hominid-servant and her canid companion.  And yet, I have not yet managed to communicate to my hominid-servant my need to continue my research outside the domicile.

At first, I attempted to explain the situation to her.  However, her response was the mocking behavior I described in an earlier entry combined with a complete lack of cooperation in opening the door for me.  I'm not sure if this reflects a lack of comprehension on her part, or if she is deliberately preventing me from completing my mission.

It occurred to me, if her obstruction of my exploration is deliberate, that perhaps she is concerned about how she will endure our time apart.  I attempted to reassure her on this point by informing her that, while I may spend as much as several planetary rotations away from the domicile, I will return and that my mission will continue for many more planetary revolutions.  Thus, she need not worry about how she would cope without me.

Unfortunately, my reassurances have either not been understood or not believed. Either way, I have made no progress towards gaining access to the world beyond this domicile and so will need to take more drastic action to fulfill my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment