Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Savannah Morgan #Interviewed By Mistral Dawn


Hey Everyone!! :-)

The lovely and talented Savannah Morgan is joining us today!! Will you tell us about yourself and how many books you have written, Savannah?

Savannah: I have traveled the world, fought against injustice, and brought evil to a grinding halt. I have made kings and destroyed empires. I have owned businesses, been a housewife and worked as an office assistant. I have written ingenious copy for PR campaigns and I have been an evil Senator. I have built towns, painted world renowned art, and photographed the world. I have found love in the most unlikely places and I have been betrayed. I have scratched and clawed my way out of dissolute situations and I have caused those I love pain. I can fly a plane and a helicopter. I can dismantle a bomb and find the cure of diseases. I can shift into any creature I wish and I am magical. I am a Warrior Goddess who will smite you down or send a faerie in to help you find true love. I am all of these things and more...in the fertile depths of my creativity.
In truth I live in Central MS with my husband and two dogs and live a simple life, which I love. I have an adventurous spirit and thoroughly enjoy seeing new places while meeting new and interesting people.
I have written 5 books three of which are published and the fourth will be coming out in May of 2015.

Me: Ha! Yeah, writing and reading books does give us the opportunity to "travel," doesn't it? ;-) Congrats on your upcoming release! :-) What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it?

Savannah: My latest book is titled Touch of the Irish: A collection of erotic fantasy stories: Part 1 Dragon’s Lair. Actually I was inspired to write this by several things. One was I wanted to see if I could write a short story. My books tend to be a little long, and I wanted to do a quick read book. Another thing that inspired me to write Touch of the Irish was St. Patrick’s Day. I wanted to do something with faeries and leprechauns. And lastly, some members of my street team, Savannah’s Vixens. They were a huge support system. They also edited the story as a team. It was quite a unique experience and one I’m hoping they will allow me to have again. Their support, encouragement, and contribution throughout the process of writing Touch of the Irish is why I dedicated the first book and the entire series to them. I would truly be lost without my Vixens.

Me: I'm rather partial to hot Fae myself. ;-) I couldn't agree more! The totally wonderful and kind people who help us indie authors polish and promote our work are worth their weight in gold!! :-) What are you working on now?

Savannah: Oh, where do I start? I have many irons in the fire right now. I’m editing the book that is coming out on May 16th, called Dakota’s Autumn. I’m writing parts 2 and 3 of Touch of the Irish and I’m also working on the third book in my Sapphire Springs series and trying desperately to get all of my published titles in paperback format.

Me: Ha! Yeah, isn't it fun when you have to wear every hat? ;-) What authors, or books have influenced you?

Savannah: The authors whose style of writing have influenced me would have to be Sherrilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan, Lora Leigh, and Kallypso Masters. These authors are my guarantees for a satisfying, thrilling story with believable and lovable characters.

Me: Those are some of my favorites too!! I especially like Sherrilyn Kenyon's League series. :-) What are you reading now?

Savannah: I am embarrassed to say that I am woefully behind on my reading. I’m not currently reading anything at the moment, however, that doesn't mean I don’t have a TBR list that multiplies daily. I am hoping to get myself back on schedule and start reading soon. I have a lot of great titles just waiting for me to open them up and submerse myself in their wonderful tales.

Me: I hear you there! I'm finally starting to catch up on some of the books I've been trying to get to for months, now that I've released my second book. ;-) For those who might consider reading your book, what would you tell them to expect?

Savannah: I’m a story fanatic. I want there to be a real story to sink my teeth into, something that will draw me in and keep me there. I also want to care, truly care about the characters. I try to bring that to my own stories. I want my readers to feel as if they have gone on a journey. I also want them to leave that journey satisfied but still with a sense of yearning for more. My books are for the 18+ group due to adult content. And honestly they are what is becoming known as super books. Books that are normally over 125,000 words each.

Me: Yay for the story books! ;-) I love a good tale. What is your favorite part of being an author?

Savannah: There are so many things I love about being an author. To be totally honest with you, I haven’t found an aspect that I really dislike. I will admit there are things I feel I’m better at than others but I’ve always enjoyed a challenge. But mostly, I simply love watching the voices in my head transform into a story on the page. I’m always surprised by the twists and turns each story takes.

Me: HA! Yeah, isn't it funny how characters always seem to have minds of their own? ;-) Do you have a day job as well?

Savannah: Not at this time. I am currently looking though

Me: Good luck!! :-) What is the hardest and easiest part about being a writer?

Savannah: The hardest part of writing for me always seems to be coming up with a title. That perfect balance between what the story is about that can hook you and making it catchy and simple. The easiest thing about writing would have to be character development. The characters seem to just come to me fully developed with whole lives, at least for the moment they do.

Me: Yeah, I struggle with titles too. How does one describe an entire book in less than one sentence? ;-) What genre do you place your book in?

Savannah: I actually write in several genres, but my latest title would fall under PNR

Me: My favorite! ;-) Anything else you'd like to tell your readers?

Savannah: I love meeting new people. I love chatting with them and hearing their honest thoughts of my books. I’m a firm believer that a writer needs to challenge themselves to become better and better. Without feedback from our readers we don’t know what areas we need to work on to bring you more stories you love.

Me: Amen! :-) And so all of these lovely readers can find you, are there any links you'd like me to post?

Savannah: You may use any or all of the following links. I encourage stalking me on all of them. LOL

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00GU0J4WE

Website: http://www.author-savannahmorgan.com/

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7853656.Savannah_Morgan

Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/praot6y

FB Author Page: http://tinyurl.com/nsxeq9m

Google+: http://tinyurl.com/onagba8

Twitter: https://twitter.com/AuthorSavvyM

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/smorganauthor/

TSU: https://www.tsu.co/SavannahMorganAuthor

Are: http://tinyurl.com/pc22uxj

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdEO886VR1Sf_CdhP9QFTEg

Authorgraph: https://www.authorgraph.com/authors/AuthorSavvyM

Ello: https://ello.co/savannahmorgan

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful interview, Sav is a funny one isn't she;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview. I've read all her books. Ms. Morgan is a wonderful author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you so much for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  3. Fantastic Interview. I have read All Savannahs Books and I am constantly sharing them with others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mistral Dawn for a lovely, interesting and fun interview. It's been a great pleasure meeting you and your followers.
    Hugs,
    Savannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you could stop by, Savannah! :-) It's been lovely to meet you as well, best of luck with your writing!! :-)

      Delete
  5. Great interview - really interesting!

    ReplyDelete