Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Special Interview With Mina Carter!! :-)





Hi Everyone!!!

Best-selling paranormal romance author Mina Carter has been kind enough to join us here today!  I’m, personally, a huge fan of Mina’s and have read her stories for years, so excuse me while I squee like a fan-girl! Mina, can you tell us about yourself and your books?

Mina:  About me…I suppose you want the truth, huh? *puts aside several fake backstories* Okay, I’m a happily married mother of one, who lives in the sleepy English countryside (seriously sleepy, the village I live in is actually too small to be called a village. We have one road and a goat.). I write full time, with cover art and photography on the side and I’ve in the region of maybe 60-70 books published, I think?

Me:  Ha! I love it! That’s exactly what I think of when I think of England outside of London…of course I’ve never actually been there. ;-)  60-70! You have been busy!! What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it?

Mina:  The last one I wrote was Mistress of the City, which is one of my shorts. It’s about wolves that live in Cities and what happens when you throw a human ex-soldier in with a hot alpha female. As for what inspired it…my life is a continual thread of ‘what if?’.

Me: Two of the most interesting, and dangerous, words known to human beings! ;-) What are you working on now?

Mina:  I’m currently working on another werewolf book, this time in my Stratton Wolves series, called Enforcers Heart.

Me:  Oooh oooh!! I can’t wait to read it!! *happy dance* :-)  What authors, or books, have influenced your work?

Mina:  The list is too big to actually list and I’m an omnivore when it comes to reading, so it’s rather hard to pin down specific influences. I do tend heavily to paranormal and scifi, with an emphasis on the quirky.

Me:  Ah, a woman after my own heart! ;-) What are you reading now?

Mina:  Currently I’m reading an arc provided by my good friend Charlie Daye, called Girls Night Out.

Me:  Sounds like a fun story just from the title! ;-)  For those who might consider reading your books, what would you tell them to expect?

Mina:  The unexpected, and heat! I like to twist things around, and add elements that don’t normally belong together (such as zombie romance) and I tend to write rather graphically. I don’t do ‘clean’ romance.

Me:  Yes, and those of us with dirty minds do appreciate that! ;-)   What is your favorite part of being an author?

Mina:  That I can write, create stories and whole worlds. If I didn’t, it’s quite possible I would go mad. The unlimited coffee and internet access aren’t bad either ;)

Me:  Ha!! Yes, caffeine fixes are a delight of being an author!  Do you have a day job as well?

Mina:  No, I write full time fortunately.

Me:  Lucky you!!! And lucky us too! ;-)  What would you say are the hardest and easiest parts about being a writer?

Mina:  The hardest part is that this is it. There’s no waiting for the muse to strike or spending years on a story. You gotta get your backside in that seat and put words on the page. Every. Single. Day. There is no let up. If I’m not writing, I’m thinking about writing. My family are well used to me zoning out in the middle of outings, or diving in my bag for a pad and a pen.

The easiest part? There’s an easy part? Seriously? Lol! When the words are flowing and I’m right there in the story, then it’s easy. Everything else is like pulling teeth. With a marshmallow.

Me:  Amen!  But, speaking as a fan, we do appreciate your efforts. :-)  I called you a paranormal romance author, but what genre do you place your books in?

Mina:  My books tend to fit into Paranormal, UF or Scifi, although I do side step to contemporary VERY occasionally for rugby romance (I’m a big rugby fan).

Me:  Rugby…that’s like football, right? ;-)  Just kidding, had to get that American snark in here somewhere! ;-)  Is there anything else you'd like to tell your readers?

Mina:  You guys are awesome with all the reading. Keep up the good work!

Me:  Yes, aren’t they!?!  You readers are our life’s blood, thank you! :-)  And so all of these wonderful people can find your amazing stories, are there any links you'd like me to post?

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2920063.Mina_Carter

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Zombie romances, that sounds fun. Mina sounds like an awesome lady:)

    ReplyDelete