Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Monday, January 19, 2015

Megan O'Russell Interviewed By Mistral Dawn





Hi Everyone!

We're here today with Megan O'Russell, author of the Tethering series.  Can you tell us what the name of your latest book is, Megan, and what inspired it?

Megan:  My latest book, The Siren’s Realm, is book two in the four part Tethering series. The idea for The Tethering came from a little boy waiting in a window for a girl to come back. I don’t really remember why that image came to me, but I needed to find out more about the boy. I wrote a scene and then another scene, and after a lot of revisions and changes, The Tethering was born.

Me:  How cool! And what are you working on now?

Megan:  Right now I have a few projects going on. A middle grade fantasy, book three in The Tethering Series, and a Christmas romance novella are taking most of my time.

Me:  Sounds like you are really busy!  Are there any authors, or books, that have influenced you?

Megan:  Way too many to name. If I had to choose one author, it would be Madeline L’Engle. If I had to choose one series it would be The Chronicles of Narnia.

Me: As a lover of fantasy stories, I have to say I'm right with you as a CS Lewis fan. ;-)  Are you reading anything now?

Megan:  Right now, I’m reading The War of the Seasons by Janine K. Spendlove.

Me:  Sounds like fun! :-) For those who might consider reading your book, what would you tell them to expect?

Megan:  A boy who loves a girl and would do anything to protect her. And there’s magic. Lots of magic. 

Me:  Awesome! Every story should have some magic in it! :-)  What is your favorite part of being an author?

Megan: Creating new worlds in my mind and finding a way for others to see what I see. Finding a way to make them know the characters the way I do. Searching for the right words to do those things is a challenge that I adore.

Me: That can be a challenge at times!  Do you have a day job as well?

Megan:  Yes. I am a professional musical theatre performer. I make my living playing make believe.

Me: Lucky you! :-)  What would you say are the hardest and easiest parts about being a writer?

Megan:  The hardest part is editing. I haven’t found the easy bit yet.

Me: Writing can be difficult at times, that's true.  What genre do you place your books in?

Megan:  The Tethering is a Young Adult fantasy novel.

Me:  Cool!  Anything else you'd like to tell your readers?

Megan:  Please follow my author page and my publisher, Silence in the Library, on Facebook to stay up to date on The Tethering and my other upcoming works.



 Me: And just so folks can find your wonderful stories, are there any links you'd like me to post?

Megan:


Tethering buy links:
Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment