Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Saturday, June 19, 2021

Changes...

 


Hey Everyone! 

Look at this, a Saturday post! But don't get too excited, I'm posting because I have bad news. Or, at least, I hope you'll regard it as bad news. I certainly do.

This post is to let you know about some changes that are coming to this blog in the very near future. Unfortunately, I've come to the conclusion that I can no longer sustain the level of maintenance and attention I've been devoting to this blog for the last several years. It simply takes too much time, and I no longer have that time to give to it.

So, what does that mean, specifically? It means that I will no longer be tweeting out posts and book tweets every day. I may send the occasional tweet, if something big is happening and I have time, but I will not be scheduling multiple tweets over several days for every post. Naturally, this means I will be spending less time on Twitter, overall. 

Also, I will be posting less going forward. You may have noticed repeats on some of my posts, recently, and that is due to the fact that I just don't have the time to compose new posts for every day of the week. I just don't. When will these changes go into effect? Well, I've already scheduled tweets through mid-July, so those will be tweeted, as usual. The work for them is already done and there's no reason for me to undo it. Also, I have posts for this blog scheduled through the first week in September and, for some days, even further into the future. Those posts will post as scheduled. And, if I have time, I may add more posts to those I already have scheduled. Maybe. 

Once I have something major to tell you all, like if I can ever finish writing my next book, I will most definitely post about that. I'll also send news like that in a newsletter. So, if you're worried about missing something important, just subscribe to this blog and/or sign up for my newsletter, and you'll receive notification of something new in your email.

Why am I making these changes now? Well, the major reason they're happening right now is that my day job is requiring more and more overtime. And, to be honest, I'm not making much money from book sales, so I have to keep the people who sign my paychecks happy. Also, I really do want to finish the third Petri book, and I'm starting to think that will never happen if I keep spending every spare second tending to this blog.

So, there it is, folks, the whole story about what's going to happen here. I'm sorry to have to do this, I'll miss talking to you all every day, but I hope it will help give me more time to do the things that really matter... like writing books. 😉  Thank you all for sticking with me, and I hope you'll continue to enjoy the posts I am able to post going forward. 

Peace and Happy Reading!

Mistral












No comments:

Post a Comment