Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 1326


Hey Everyone! 😊

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Thirteen-Hundred-Twenty-Six:
My first attempt at behavior modification regarding my hominid-servant’s sleeping schedule has been less than successful. In order to induce her to move more towards a schedule that includes shorter, more frequent rest periods, I attempted to rouse her from her slumber several times during her normal, more extended sleeping interval. Her response, as I indicated before, was less than welcoming.

I began my campaign by walking over her prone body several times, while pawing at her hair and face. In reaction to my efforts to wake her, my hominid-servant first buried herself deeper into the nest of textile panels and textile-covered cushions she surrounds herself with when she retires. When I persisted, she turned and suddenly struck, using one of the aforementioned cushions to pound the sleeping platform in my general vicinity, disturbing my equilibrium and threatening my person. This, naturally, caused me to retreat and reconsider my options.

After some reflection, I decided on an auditory assault as a means to interrupt my hominid-servant's slumber. I stood at the edge of her sleeping platform and vocalized at the highest decibel level I was capable of producing. This did have the desired effect of waking my hominid-servant. Unfortunately, once awake, she responded by throwing her sleeping cushions at me, one of which actually struck me!

Admittedly, the cushion was soft and the impact with it was not capable of producing any actual injury. However, the gesture was still deeply disrespectful of my person and also did not in any way assist me in accomplishing my goal. I will have to ruminate further on this dilemma and determine if there is a more effective way to effect a change in my hominid-servant’s sleeping routine.


Hominids can be so uncooperative! 😉 You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. 😉 Happy reading, everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment