Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 1327


Hey Everyone! 😊

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Thirteen-Hundred-Twenty-Seven:
In a continuation of my behavior modification experiment, I once again attempted to wake my hominid-servant during the middle of her normal sleeping cycle. This time, I initiated my campaign from a room other than her sleeping room, so as to thwart any attempts she might make to strike me with her sleeping cushions. 

To begin, I vocalized at the highest decibel level I was capable of producing in the room next to my hominid-servant’s sleeping room. Once the sounds of her movement indicated she had returned to consciousness, I progressed to knocking items off the horizontal platforms she has scattered about. My reasoning was that this combination of noise would make it seem as though I had been injured. And, for all her faults, my hominid-servant is most diligent in caring for my health and well-being.

I was correct insofar as my assumption that the disturbance I created did rouse my hominid-servant and induce her to investigate its source. However, when she emerged from her sleeping room, her demeanor was such that it seemed she was far more irate than concerned for my welfare. The expression on her face indicated to me that discretion might be the better part of valor, at that point, and I ceased my efforts and retreated to beneath a convenient piece of furniture.

My hominid-servant spent several more minutes retrieving the items I had displaced and returning them to their prior positions while sweeping my place of concealment with baleful looks. It goes without saying that I did not venture to emerge. When she was done, she returned to her sleeping room and to her slumber.

I cannot say whether or not persistence on my part would have resulted in actual violence at the hands of my hominid-servant; however, I can say that it is now clear to me that any further attempts to modify her sleeping schedule can only be made after further reflection and study on the matter. At the moment, I am leaning towards the conclusion that it might simply be best to let sleeping hominids lie.


Uncooperative hominids! 😉 You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. 😉 Happy reading, everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment