Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Friday, November 20, 2020

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 1209


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Twelve-Hundred-Nine:
My youthful compatriot has, more or less, returned to his usual, obstreperous self. His energy level does seem to be a bit lower than it was, but other than that he is as aggravating and obstinate as ever. He refuses to allow me to properly examine him. Every attempt I have made has been met with ferocious growling and even deployment of the C.L.A.W.S. So, I cannot determine if there are any lingering physical manifestations of his illness. However, I am happy to report, that his scent has returned to normal. Though it has never been a truly pleasant odor, it is certainly much preferable to the acrid reek of the frightening place or the stench of canid. 

My hominid-servant has relaxed her vigil, somewhat, though she still maintains watch and checks on his condition at regular intervals. Unlike my own efforts to examine him, the little idiot has not been successful in rebuffing my hominid-servant’s attentions. He did try to ward her off, but she was persistent. She even growled back at him when he growled at her, which utterly astounded me. I’ve never heard her growl like that before. Neither had the small irritation, apparently. I wasn’t certain if he was more astonished or alarmed, but he did allow her to examine him and hasn’t actively objected to any subsequent examinations from her.

Still, overall, it seems as though circumstances may soon return to what passes for normal on this planet. Which means, perhaps, I will be able to finally get some of my research done!


Poor Thoth, he never seems to be left alone long enough to get any work done. 😉 You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. 😉 Happy reading, everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment