Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 1064


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day One-Thousand-Sixty-Four:
Once again, my hominid-servant seems determined to prove that she is incapable of rational behavior. As I mentioned in an earlier journal entry, she recently acquired a number of parcels that she refused to open for an inexplicable length of time. But, finally, she did open them. The contents of the parcels were rather eclectic, though some of them contained more offerings for my youthful companion and myself. Naturally, the little idiot has sequestered these offerings with the rest of his collection, beneath my hominid-servant’s sleeping platform.

However, the one thing the parcels all had in common was that their contents came packaged within sturdy, lightweight boxes. After the contents were removed from these boxes, I found that they made for pleasant sleeping containers. They are all of nearly perfect size to curl up in, they can be easily turned on their sides if I need to keep an eye on what’s happening within my domicile, the material they're made of retains heat fairly well but is not so dense the boxes become stuffy, they are sturdy enough to form an effective barrier so that one can rest in peace and safety, and they have the added benefit of being an excellent medium for sharpening the C.L.A.W.S. upon. In short, it would be difficult to design a more perfect sleeping space if one were to set out to do so on purpose.

So, naturally, my hominid-servant has sought to block my ability to access these empty containers and has been removing them, one or two at a time, from my domicile every time she exits. At the current rate of removal, I doubt I will have a single container remaining by tomorrow. I have attempted to deter her from taking the boxes away, but she tells me I’m the one who is being unreasonable and forcibly removes me from the container I’m attempting to preserve. She has also scolded me, with no small amount of venom, about the “mess" made by my sharpening the C.L.A.W.S. on these containers. Admittedly, the material does shred, somewhat, from this activity, but keeping the C.L.A.W.S. sharp is of far more importance than this minor detail. And, after all, cleaning up such minor, non-toxic, particulates is precisely the type of task that hominids are well suited for, with their opposable thumbs. But she persists in her haranguing, and I have reached the point where I despair of ever comprehending hominid behavior.


Hominids can be so unreasonable! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment