Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 655


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Six-Hundred-Fifty-Five:
I'm afraid the inevitable has happened with predictable consequences. In fact, I think it's possible that I may not even need to expound on that statement for you to be able to infer what has happened. However, I will anyway.

Earlier today, the juvenile felid finally succumbed to temptation and overcame his fear of the water trap. The sparkly danglers proved too enticing of a lure, and it seemed he could not contain himself. I must give him some credit, however, because in spite of his fascination, he was able to remain enough in possession of his wits to take measures to evade the spray of water.

Instead of simply climbing the dead tree, he launched himself from one of the horizontal platforms my hominid-servant had nearby and landed among its top branches. Unfortunately, the tree was not adequately anchored, and his weight overbalanced it and sent it toppling to the floor. Glittery ornaments, along with water and tree detritus, went flying everywhere, and a loud crash heralded my young companion's downfall.

Naturally, the noise drew the attention of my hominid-servant, who once again flew into hysterics when she saw the damage that had been done to her dead tree and its decorations. She chased the small beast from one end of my domicile to the other, finally cornering him when he attempted to hide from her under her sleeping platform. I could see from the tension in his body that he considered doing battle with her, but he, wisely in my estimation, analyzed the temper of my hominid-servant and decided to submit.

As irrationally as my hominid-servant acts at times, I don't believe it is in her nature to ever actually harm either the adolescent pest or myself. But she can be a bit vindictive at times. She forced the irritating creature into the box she reserves for punishment, and then began to clean up the mess. The entire time she worked, she muttered to herself about replacing us with stuffed toys; however, I am reasonably certain she was not serious, as she has made such a threat at various times in the past and nothing has ever come of it.

When she had finished restoring the tree, as much as was possible, to its previous state, and removing the broken bits and bobs from its limbs and the floor, she retreated to her sleeping platform. I could tell that her mood had not been improved by the exercise, so I followed her and attempted to explain how unreasonable it was for her to expect us to resist the amount of temptation presented by a climbable tower littered with shiny, dancing do-dads. She just glared at me and said it was "impossible to have cats and nice things at the same time." As if I hadn't just explained the problem to her, in detail.

Since her statement clearly demonstrated her inability to be rational at that moment, I simply deployed the P.U.R.R. and laid down next to her until she showed signs of calming. Once she was no longer muttering to herself about the evils of cats, I nudged and entreated her until she rose and freed the youthful hooligan from his incarceration. For his part, the little idiot seemed somewhat cowed from the experience, so perhaps peace shall reign in my domicile for a time, in spite of the unreasonable expectations of hominids.


Oh, those crazy hominids! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment