Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 647


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Six-Hundred-Forty-Seven:
My hominid-servant has still not begun to decorate her dead tree; however, she has begun an intensive aversion conditioning campaign when it comes to anyone approaching the tree. Anytime the juvenile felid or I walk anywhere in the immediate vicinity of the tree, an explosion of water results, soaking us and everything around us. Which is most disconcerting.

At first, I was puzzled as to how she achieved it because she didn't appear to be present during many of these attacks. But I soon located the automated water dispersal system she set up, which seems to be motion activated. It's most distressing because the only way to evade a soaking is to either refrain from approaching the tree or to disable the entire water delivery mechanism, which my hominid-servant could not fail to notice.

My only consolation is that every time a water attack is triggered, my hominid-servant is forced to then clean up the excess water from where it spatters on the walls and floor. Unfortunately, this inconvenience doesn't show any signs of affecting her resolve in this matter. It seems I may have to resign myself to keeping a certain distance from the tree, which means I will lose out on any opportunities it may present to study the local flora. A true pity considering how limited my chances for such examinations are.

But, considering the violence of her reaction to having her dead tree decorations disturbed, and how irresistible both my young companion and I would be likely to find such investigations, perhaps my hominid-servant's precautions are for the best. Still, I will be sure to spend several planetary rotations giving her reproachful looks and withholding from her the pleasure of my company so that she won't begin assuming that denying me access to any part of my domicile is acceptable.


Poor Thoth! Sneaky hominids with their water attacks. ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment