Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 571


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Five-Hundred-Seventy-One:
My hominid-servant seems to have decided, for reasons unknown, that it is necessary to rearrange the furniture in my domicile. She has spent the last several days moving things and utilizing unreasonably loud machines to clean the floor space under their previous positions. This disruption has made it impossible to continue my studies. Even the small avians that frequent the area outside the portals in my domicile seem to find the noise off-putting. And they aren't confined in a small space with it!

I've attempted to express my dissatisfaction with this state of affairs. But, as usual, my hominid-servant seems incapable of comprehending even the simplest of statements. The infant felid has taken a more direct approach in his efforts to obstruct this activity. He has made it a habit to sit on the objects my hominid-servant is intent on relocating and to walk between her feet as she carries heavy objects from one place to another.

I must admit, his attempt to communicate effectively with my hominid-servant has been valiant, taking his life in his paws as he has, but ultimately ineffective. Due to his small size, his weight is negligible and my hominid-servant simply picks him up with the furniture or relocates him to an alternative perch. His efforts to hinder her locomotion have proven even less effectual, as she reacts with irritation and has even gone so far as to lock him in the small box she uses to express her displeasure with our behavior.

Since it seems my hominid-servant will not be dissuaded from this endeavor, I have decided to absent myself from the site in which her activities are most concentrated. It is my hope that this will facilitate a swift completion to her self-appointed task, and return my domicile to a state of tranquility as quickly as possible.


Hominids! No respect for felid sensibilities! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment