Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

A Little #Romance For Your #ValentinesDay! ;-)


Hey Everyone!!

In honor of the day of love, I thought I'd treat you to a little peek at a romantic encounter. Enjoy! ;-)

Excerpt from Taken By The Huntsman:
The look he gave her scorched her from the tips of her toes to the ends of her hair. Cassie had never had a male look at her with such heat. She found her mouth suddenly dry, but she nodded and reached out to cup the side of his face in her hand.

Turning his face into her hand, he placed a soft kiss on her palm. “Cassie, tell me truly, are you ready to consummate our relationship? I beg you, do not toy with me. I am desperate for you, and I do not know how far my control will hold.”

She swallowed against her dry throat and said, “I’m ready to try for a relationship with you. But that’s all I can promise. I’m willing to see where things between us go and if they can work out. Can you be satisfied with that?”

“Satisfied? No. Never satisfied. But I’m willing to accept it, for now, and work to earn your love and your trust.”

Cassie smiled and ran her fingers gently over his cheek and into his hair. Cadeyrn pulled her closer, and she felt the hardness of his body against hers. Leaning down, he kissed her with a passion that left her breathless. His lips were soft and gentle against hers, almost chaste. Until he pulled her closer and deepened the kiss, tracing his tongue along her lips until she opened to him, tasting her mouth thoroughly.

She moaned into his mouth and ran her hands over his broad shoulders and swollen biceps. Grabbing his bulging muscles, she used the leverage to try to pull herself closer still.

Cadeyrn groaned and pulled back. He looked down into the liquid blue eyes of his Anamchara and saw the passion and desire of a woman who knew exactly what she wanted.

“Cassie, tell me simply. Will you allow me to take you to bed this night? Yes or no?”

Looking up at him with a teasing smile, she answered, "Oh, yes. I want you to take me to bed and show me what kind of skills a male can acquire with hundreds of millennia of practice.”

Cadeyrn growled deep in his throat. His eyes were glowing, and he felt his canines lengthen in his mouth. “Female,” he said, in a voice that had gone rough and gravely. “You know not what you ask for. But I will give it to you anyway.”



Taken by the Huntsman








No comments:

Post a Comment