Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 423


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Four-Hundred-Twenty-Three:
I have attempted to make several conciliatory gestures towards my hominid-servant for my apparent gaffe in destroying the tree decorations. Since she has clearly held a grudge over this for several days, it is obvious that I somehow transgressed against a hominid ritual of some importance. However absurd or illogical such a tradition may be, it is clear that my hominid-servant places great value on it, and so it is incumbent upon me to make amends. Even if only to have peace in my domicile, once again.

Towards that end, I have attempted to divert her by engaging in breathtaking feats of acrobatics, the likes of which no hominid could duplicate. She seemed to find my display amusing, but it did not put a stop to the sad glances she gives towards the still-naked tree. Frustrating, but I persevered.

There are objects that she seems to consider quite valuable as she presented them with elaborate ceremony when she gifted them to me. To demonstrate my regard for her, I gathered these objects from throughout the domicile and offered them back to her. She, apparently, did not understand the meaning of this gesture because, while she briefly accepted the objects, she quickly gave them back to me.

To make my intentions clearer, I waited until well after she commenced her sleeping ritual and then gathered the objects and placed them next to her on her sleeping platform. When she awoke, she seemed confused and cleared the objects off the platform. It did not seem as though she understood that the objects were meant as an apology.

My hominid-servant's lack of comprehension is irritating, but it is an inherent part of dealing with hominids and so unavoidable at times. I will endeavor to continue to communicate to my hominid-servant that I did not mean to cause her pain, but I begin to despair that I will ever succeed.


Poor Agent Thoth. It's hard when someone repeatedly misunderstands what you are trying to say. You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-)  Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment