Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 418


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Four-Hundred-Eighteen:
I am incensed! In an effort to redirect my hominid-servant's attention from her inexplicable obsession with a dead tree back to it's proper focus, my wonderful self, I undertook to undecorated the tree during the regular, extended time period she spends on the sleeping platform.

Towards this end, I knocked the dangling objects onto the floor, causing a satisfying crashing noise from many of them. I also tore the decorations she had wound between the branches and threw the resulting shreds onto the floor. Once the tree had been cleared, I scattered the broken bits and pieces throughout the domicile, in the hope that my hominid-servant would see the futility of attempting to reconstruct them.

I took no pains to be quiet while undecorating the tree but, even so, my hominid-servant did not rouse from her slumber. When she did wake, and she saw the results of my efforts, far from being grateful for the reminder that her purpose is to see to my needs and take care of me, she instead became upset and howled in a way I have not witnessed from her before.

Saltwater leaked from her eyes, and she looked at me with such an expression that I actually felt concern for my safety for a moment. She took a moment to compose herself, then swept down and picked me up with no regard for my dignity, whatsoever. After carrying me to a small room at the back of my domicile, she forced me into a container, despite my objections, and, after locking me in, lectured me about my behavior. As if I am the one engaging in the strange conduct!

After a short while, she did release me from my prison. I noted that she had used the time to gather the bits and pieces of her decorations and remove them to an undetermined location. The tree is still inside the domicile, but remains largely undecorated for the time being. But what has truly irritated me is that every time my hominid-servant looks at the tree, she then turns to glare with resentful eyes at me!

It seems my destruction of the tree decorations may have been a miscalculation on my part. I do not understand my hominid-servant's desire to place bric-a-brac in the limbs of a dead tree inside the domicile, but it seems that it is important to her. If she undertakes to replace the ruined decorations, I may need to accede to her wishes and simply accept the odd addition to my domicile.


Poor Agent Thoth. Hominids can be so unreasonable. ;-)  You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-)  Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment