Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Sunday, August 7, 2016

#Gems Of #Strength #Anthology: Angel Strong By Alana Madden!



Hey Everyone!! :-)

Today, Alana Madden's Angel Strong is the featured story from the Gems Of Strength anthology. Angel Strong joins Deep In The Valley, Focal PointThe Road To HappinessA Mother's HeartCombustionVanquish, Undeniable Love, Childish Things, Fox, and Burned Toast on my list of awesome sisterhood stories.  I'll let Markie Madden, Alana's publisher, tell you about Alana and her story. :-)

Markie:
Alana Madden’s story is called Angel Strong, and it’s about an angel who doesn’t like the way humans are currently being treated by God, so she rebels against God. Here’s an excerpt:

“We meet in five minutes. I walk down the crisp, clean, white corridors until I get to the meeting room. I enter and take my seat. The room is completely silent. That’s how angels are. Quiet. Morrigan comes in, flanked by her two bodyguards. Her strapless, black cocktail dress is simple, but it hugs her curves and highlights them. When she speaks, her melodic and alto voice is firm, yet soft.
“Greetings, angels. Thank you for coming. I have grave and urgent news.” She pauses. “The humans are killing this planet. I cannot heal it. They cannot be allowed to continue this.” She lets her words sink in. “I am sending all of you in two days to deal with them.”
“What?!” I stand up, my legs slamming the chair into the wall. “Are you crazy? These are your sons, your daughters!” She’s surprised by my outburst, but covers it with a stern look. She never likes anyone to oppose her.
“You will do as I say, Anna. My word is law.”
“Sit down!” Michael whispers harshly.
“I’m sorry, Your Holiness, but I can’t, and I won’t, slaughter them. They deserve to live as much as we do! Their love, their trust, their worship isn’t enough for you? You need more power?” A glance at Michael’s panicked face tells me I went too far.
Morrigan’s lips press into a hard line. “Fine. If you want to defend them, then you can die with them. You are hereby banished from Heaven.” Everyone is frozen in shock. “You shall be stripped of your powers but keep your wings as a reminder of your banishment. You have until tomorrow, or as punishment you shall be cast into Hell like the demon you are,” she states firmly.
Michael stands up, confident but a little nervous. “Your Holiness, she is a great angel and a good asset. I think…”
“Sit down and be silent or you shall join her!” Morrigan booms. He quickly sits back down, his guilt evident in his eyes when he glances at me. All the others are silent, their eyes respectfully and guiltily downcast. This makes me angry, her easy dismissal, their unwillingness to come to my aid. I’m doing the dumbest thing ever; I think, what could it hurt? I make an Oath.
“I swear on the purity of my soul, that I shall return and make you rue this day.” Her eyes flare with extreme anger, her power manifesting around her. Michael’s face is panic-stricken. I’m insane now, and I recognize it.”

Alana's bio:Alana Madden was born in Flint, Michigan May 25, 1999, and she now lives with her parents in a small rural town in southeast Missouri. She’s currently a junior in high school and aspires to be a teacher. She is also a writer, and is working on several young adult dystopian novels which will be published through Metamorph Publishing, an independent publishing company started by her mother. Her upcoming book, Unrelenting Hell is the first book in her YA series Apocolyptic, and the second book in the series is called Enduring Hell.

Visit her Amazon page at https://amazon.com/author/alanamadden.

You can find out more about her by visiting Metamorph Publishing at https://metamorphpublishing.com

Or by visiting her Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/alanammadden.




No comments:

Post a Comment