Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 178


Hey Everyone! :-)

Today, Agent Thoth has some thoughts regarding hominid/DIPCIL relations. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day One-Hundred-Seventy-Eight:
Recently, my hominid-servant became ill. Fortunately, it seems to have been a fleeting sickness, as she is now much recovered. However, while she was indisposed, she spent quite a bit of time on her sleeping platform.

This was pleasant in one respect, as her extended inactivity made it much easier for me to record her vitals at consistent intervals and also to study her physiology. However, her reluctance to move also resulted in her being much less responsive to my needs. I know this will astonish you, but she actually allowed the level of food in my bowl to get low enough for me to see the bottom! I nearly perished from starvation.

As I said, she has now recovered and this lapse in service has been rectified. As a side note, I would like to make the DPCIL leadership aware of the fact that the soothing effect of the P.U.R.R. seems to have healing properties. Every time I commiserated with my hominid-servant's indisposition by granting her access to my person and utilized the P.U.R.R. to still her restlessness, her vital signs evened out and her labored respiration calmed. I believe this is something that bears further investigation, as it may aid in furthering amiable relations if the hominids are ever determined to be eligible for inclusion into DPCIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment