Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 214


Hey Everyone! :-)

The day has come! Agent Thoth is about to find out what being "fixed" is all about, and he has a few other observations to share as well. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Two-Hundred-Fourteen:
This entry is being made because it's imperative that DPCIL be made aware of the horrors that the hominids are capable of. I believe my hominid-servant does not have any ill intentions towards me, and may in fact be ignorant of the full atrocities committed at the medical facility she took me to, but just in case I wanted to make sure my experience was on record. I know understand the full implications of the term "fixed."

In all honesty the procedure I was personally subjected to, that of being "fixed," was not terribly traumatic. In fact, I recovered within a couple of hours and I now feel much better without all the conflicting emotions and base urges that had been rising within the body I am using for this mission. I would strongly suggest that all DPCIL agents seek out this treatment, as it will remove many unnecessary distractions. However, I observed many others who were not as fortunate as me.

As it was a medical facility, there were, of course, many individuals there who were suffering from various ailments and injuries. Their suffering was unfortunate, but not the fault of the hominids who were only doing their best to aid the afflicted. But what appalled me was that those same hominids, who seemed so compassionate most of the time, also engage in gratuitous torture and mutilation of some of the patients in their care.

It wasn't clear to me how they selected their victims, but some of the creatures who were otherwise healthy were selected to have body parts surgically altered or removed for no apparent reason. The body parts in question were not diseased or malfunctioning. Unlike the "fixing" procedure I underwent, the mutilations weren't performed for the benefit of the patient. They seemed to be completely arbitrary and done with the sole purpose of causing pain.

For instance, I saw one DPCIL agent and several of the felid creatures the forms we use on this planet resemble have the first knuckle of all of their digits amputated! For no reason! As you know, due to the structure of these bodys' legs, anyone assuming this form is forced to walk on their digits. Imagine the pain that someone who has lost a key part of that small structure will experience, not just from the original wound, but for years due to the weight distribution that is now focused on an even smaller surface area. And the strain on the joints in the entire body resulting from the changes in how the individual would be forced to stand and walk.

And it wasn't just DPCIL agents and felids who were subjected to such torment. Several canids had part of the pinnae of their ears removed, which will inevitably result in circulation problems in the remaining flesh. Even infants weren't spared, as several infant canids had part of their tails cut off. I knew the hominids were backwards in many ways, but I hadn't realized quite how barbaric they could be.


Wow! What an ordeal. I'm glad that Agent Thoth wasn't forced to undergo any mutilation, but I certainly feel sorry for those other animals.

Now that you've all gotten to know Agent Thoth a bit, I was wondering what your opinions might be as to how he looks?  Is he long-haired? Short-haired? Somewhere in the middle?  Is he a particular breed of kitty or is he a moggy?  What color is he?  I'll be putting up polls on the side of this blog to pick various aspects of his appearance and I hope you'll all weigh in. Once we've got the particulars settled, I look for a picture to match. :-)

To vote in a poll, either vote directly or comment with your vote on any Agent Thoth post with your choice of the trait being voted on at that time. :-)  Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment