Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Friends Taking Care Of Friends


Hey Everyone!! :-)

Here's a little bit more of the third installment in the Petri Dish Chronicles! As always, the disclaimer is that this is a draft and, as such, it's unedited and likely full of errors and is subject to revision, revamping, and being completely scrapped and rewritten. But, with that in mind, I'm reasonably satisfied with the basics of it, at least at the moment, or I wouldn't have bothered posting it. Enjoy! :-)

Excerpt from the third Petri Dish book:
“How’re your preparations for the PGRP going? Any progress?"

Chessie smiled. “They're going great! I'm set up to meet one-on-one with a counselor next week, and then I’ll be assigned to a group for ongoing group therapy where I'll get to talk with other people who are planning a PGRP and some who have completed it and are in the adjustment phase. The idea is that we’ll all be able to support each other, and those of us who haven’t had the procedure yet will have a better idea of what to expect.”

“But you’ve already had TGRPs in the past; don’t you already know what to expect?"

Shaking her head, Chessie answered, “No, hun. It's different. You have to trust me on this. The preparatory course they have set up on this planet is the best in the galaxy for people like me. Almost no one who has a PGRP on this planet ever tries to harm themselves later, which is something that happens pretty often on other worlds. I need this. I need to do it right so that I get what's in my head correct as thoroughly as I’ll get my body correct.”

Thinking back on all the times she had come home to find her friend covered in her own blood after hurting herself, Petri shuddered and wrapped her arms around the older woman. “Of course you should do whatever is right for you, Chess. Whatever it takes, you need to take care of yourself and make sure you feel good about your decisions."

Chessie hugged her back. “Thanks, hun. I appreciate the support.”

Petri grinned and looked up at her. “Friends forever, right?”

Chessie grinned back. “Friends, forever and always.”




No comments:

Post a Comment