Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Friday, November 29, 2019

A Little Fun For The Holiday... ;-)


Hey Everyone!! :-)

Happy Holidays!! And if, like me, you're in the US, happy day after Thanksgiving! :-)  Since it's the holiday season, I thought it might be fun to celebrate with the Winter Court of Fairie. Enjoy! :-)

Excerpt from Captivated by the Winter King:
His eyes heated. "Are you still in the mood for sex?"

Blinking, she giggled. "You're exceedingly direct sometimes."

Nodding, he said, "I feel it is always important to be clear."

Heat rose in her cheeks, but she nodded. "Yes, I would like to have sex with you tonight. I would like you to dominate me this time." She shivered. "I want to know what it's like."

Smiling, he replied, "That is quite clear, thank you. It would be my pleasure to dominate you, but first I have some questions."

"What questions?"

"Let's get comfortable, this may be a lengthy conversation."

They moved to the couch, and sat on opposite ends, facing each other and holding hands.

"You've had a little time to think about what happened last night, do you have any thoughts you'd like to share? Any concerns?"

Considering, she said, "No, I don't think so. I don't think I will like pain as much as you do, but I trust you."

"I'm glad," he smiled. "Can you think of anything specific that you are certain you don't want me to do to you?"

She thought about it, but nothing came to her right away. Then, as she was thinking, an image of Erik's fist descending towards her filled her mind. Gasping, she snatched her hand away from Ankou and wrapped her arms around herself. Her face turned white, and her breaths came in quick pants.

Realizing that his Anamchara wasn't reacting to him, but instead to something in her mind, Ankou froze. Careful not to touch her or make any sudden movements, he kept his voice calm and even. "Kate?" he called. When he didn't get a response, he tried again in the same gentle tone, "Kate?"

She looked up, but her eyes were wide and her pupils dilated. "Don't hit me!" she gasped.

He knew she wasn't seeing him. Remaining still and keeping an even tone, he asked, "Kate, where have you gone?"

She blinked and seemed to focus her eyes. "What?" Her voice was hollow.

"Are you with me, Kate?"

Blinking some more, the tension seemed to drain out of her. Clearing her throat, she looked at him and her cheeks turned scarlet. "I'm sorry, I don't know what happened."

"I do. You were thinking about things that would upset you too much to do, and you thought of something."

Rubbing a hand over her eyes, she mumbled, "Yes. I don't want to be hit."

"Do you wish to continue this conversation? We do not need to do this. Not tonight. Not ever, unless you wish it. Please do not feel as if you have to do this."

Looking up, her jaw set and she said, "No! I will not let him take this from me! I want to do this. This is important to me."

Ankou nodded, "Then we will do it, but it does not have to be tonight if you are not ready."

Reaching out her hand, she waited for Ankou to take it. Holding his hand in both of hers, she said, "I want to do this tonight. I'm ready and I trust you."

"You're sure?"

She nodded.

He smiled, "Then we will proceed. Just remember we can stop whenever you wish."

Nodding again, she smiled back.

"You said you do not wish to be 'hit' and I will abide by that, but I need to know what you mean. Do you not wish to be struck at all? By anything? Would using the floggers or a cane or paddle upset you? Or do you mean you do not wish to be struck by my hand? Please define your limits for me."

Taking a deep breath, she tried to compose her jumbled thoughts. "I don't what you to hit me in the face or on the head with your hand."

"Will you stand and demonstrate for me what you do not want?"

Nodding, she stood and moved in front of him. Raising her hand over her shoulder and clenching her hand into a fist, she brought it down as though she was going to punch him in the eye. Stopping just short of connecting, she said, "I don't want you to do this." Changing the position of her arm and opening her hand, she moved as if she was going to backhand him across the cheek. But again stopped before making contact. "Or this. Don't do either of those things." She sat back down on the couch.

Ankou nodded. "I will not strike you in either of those ways. Is there anything else you don't want me to do? What about spanking?"

She considered that. "I've never been spanked. I'm not sure how I'll feel about it."

"Then we will have to wait and see. Do you remember the safeword I gave you last night?"

"Yes, it was 'stad.'"

"Yes. Would the same word work for you?"

After thinking about it, she said, "Yes. I'll remember it."

Nodding, he asked, "Do you have any other concerns? Anything else you'd like to ask me or tell me?"

Shaking her head, she said, "No, I don't think so. Not right now."

"Okay. Remember, if there is anything you do not want to do, or you do not want done to you, use your safeword. Also, use it if there is anything you feel you need to talk about or are unsure of. In all cases, we will stop and discuss what is bothering you and decide how or if to proceed." He took her hand in his and raised it to his lips. "You will be safe, Kate. I will always keep you safe. But I will also push your boundaries. That is part of the game. I will not do anything you have said you don't want, but I will test your limits. Always remember, you can make it stop whenever you want. You are in control."

She thought about that. "I thought the person who dominates is in control?"

Leaning back, he smiled. "When you were dominating me last night, what would you have done if I had said the safeword?"

"I would have stopped."

"What if I had seemed to be in distress, and you weren't sure I was able to vocalize my wishes?"

"I would have stopped and checked with you."

"Why?"

"Because I wouldn't want to hurt you, not in a way you didn't want."

"Exactly."

She mulled that over. "So because you could say what was okay and what wasn't, that meant you were in control?"

"Yes. The Dom directs the game, steers it, but the sub controls the brakes. I would never want to do anything to harm you or scare you more than you wanted. So you will always be in control when you submit to me."

"So it's more like you will make suggestions?"

"They will not be presented as suggestions. I will order you to do things or not do things, as you did to me last night, but that is part of the game."

"I understand," she smiled.

"Good. I need you to also understand that it's not unusual for people to get wrapped up in the game, and that's okay. The whole point is to immerse yourself and let go. So feel free to do that, I will be there to catch you."

She nodded.

Smiling, he rose and held out his hand towards her. "Shall we?"

Giving him her hand, she gasped and then giggled as he pulled her up and into his arms.

As he carried her towards his dungeon, her heart raced with excitement.


Woo! If you're as anxious to follow them into that dungeon as I am, you can grab your copy of Captivated by the Winter King at the link below. Thanks so much for stopping by today, and don't forget to check back tomorrow for the latest in Mistral Dawn's Musings. Happy reading! :-)


Captivated by the Winter King











No comments:

Post a Comment