Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Truth In Concept


Hey Everyone!! :-)

I've got a little more of Alyce's adventure to share with you, today! Enjoy! :-)

Excerpt from Answers From Alyce:
"They all do little besides seek to blame others for the failings of your society and avoid being stuck with any blame themselves. Just listen to them speak! In fact, between those of us who have been working on this project, we've termed this the Committee For Assigning Blame, for that is all they seem to do. When do any of them ever say anything that might result in any meaningful change or productive solutions?"

I stared at him for a few heartbeats, and then what he said hit me and I snorted. That snort led to a guffaw, which just opened the dam and the giggles poured forth. I laughed so hard my sides started to hurt bad enough to rival my head and tears flowed from my eyes. When my hilarity subsided, I wiped my eyes and said, "'Committee For Assigning Blame!' Well now, sugar, that is certainly the God's honest truth, there, isn't it?"

Squid-boy's arms settled back around him and he said, "I believe so. Though, what a divine being has to do with it escapes me."

I waved it away, still wiping my face. "It's just an expression." I looked at the representation of our government again ̶ the apoplectic expressions on those small faces, the pointing fingers and angry voices, those tiny, orange hands still gesticulating wildly ̶ and snickered. "'Committee For Assigning Blame', I don't think I've ever heard anything so appropriately named."

Yax stepped up and put a hand on where the shorter alien's shoulder would be if he were human. "We did ask her to critique our work for accuracy. Just because you, personally, find this tendency of her species to be more irritating than their other foibles, that's no reason not to listen to the feedback Alyce is kind enough to provide to us."

Squid-boy let out a gurgling squawk and then turned and bowed to me. "My esteemed colleague is correct. I have been irrational and discourteous; I beg your pardon."

I shrugged. "No problem, sugar. I guess I've been rude a time or two since you brought me here, too."

Yax smiled. "Then, perhaps we can all try to resolve to be more temperate in our words. Alyce, will you, please, try to explain why it seems that your elected representatives spend so much time trying to apportion guilt rather than trying to fix problems?"

"Because almost none of them are worth as much as a three dollar bill?"

The tall alien blinked at me. "I beg your pardon?"

I waved it away. "Nothing, just an expression. There's no such thing as a three dollar bill in our currency, so any that exist aren't real money."

"And so they're worthless."

I nodded. "Just like most of our politicians."

Now Out:
Amazon Kindle: https://amzn.to/2J40wLq
Amazon Paperback: https://amzn.to/2UODFWv





No comments:

Post a Comment