Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 768


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Seven-Hundred-Sixty-Eight:
Though he refuses to communicate to me the specific cause(s) of his disturbance, the adolescent felid seems to have made a full recovery and is once again his usual, irritating self. After my previous entry, I kept a close watch on the small pest for several hours, though he did little but sleep during that time. I did notice an uncharacteristic urge on his part for close physical contact with my person. And, after several futile attempts to maintain some distance between us, I gave in to his inexplicable need wallow against me. Perhaps he was simply attempting to replace the stench of the healing facility with my own, clearly superior scent.

After his extended nap, during which time the effects of the drugs that had been administered to him apparently abated, my young compatriot indulged himself by meticulously bathing every last inch of his body. A measure I can only imagine was a further effort to divest himself of the reek of terror and disinfectants. The areas of his person where the fur had been removed to enable access to the wounds beneath seemed to be of particular concern to him. However, after a thorough inspection of the areas, he seemed to resign himself to the temporary disfigurement and regained his normal aplomb.

Once his grooming ritual was completed to his satisfaction, the annoying beast went to our food bowls where he proceeded to eat nearly half his weight in the dry pellets my hominid-servant leaves out for us. For her part, my hominid-servant merely looked at him as he ate and stated that she was gratified that he had recovered from his ordeal sufficiently to allow his appetite to surface. She did, however, assume a seated position so as to allow him to recline on her lap, which enabled him to add her scent to the layers of fragrances he was attempting to bury the odor the healing place under. But he soon settled down and since then has been the annoying creature I have become accustomed to.


All hail the recuperative powers of felids! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!




2 comments:

  1. Glad to see your adolescent f'r'iend is recovering well, Agent Thoth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know he's relieved. Now, if only he can get some peace to work on his research. ;-)

      Delete