Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 435


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Four-Hundred-Thirty-Five:
My hominid-servant has finally redecorated the tree. However, I do not think she has completely forgiven me for my previous predations upon said decorations because she makes a point of shooing me away from the tree anytime she notices me within several paces of it. In honesty, her efforts may not be entirely unwarranted. In spite of my resolve to allow her this bizarre ritual, I find the sparkling, dangling objects to be nearly irresistible. If it weren't for the fact that I'm afraid my hominid-servant might respond with true violence against my person if I were to practice my hunting skills on the decorations, I am not sure I could keep myself away from them.

On another note, my hominid-servant has added a new, inexplicable activity to her repertoire. She has affixed several of the soft foot-coverings she wears under her hard foot-coverings to the wall of my domicile and has filled them with large, meaty seeds and sugary confections. I'm not sure if this is an attempt on her part to ensure adequate food during the time that this part of the planet is furthest from the local star due to the axial tilt of the planet or if she is trying to make amends for not allowing me free rein of the tree by luring some of the local, small arthropods into the domicile for me to study and sample. Either way, it is fascinating to observe this odd quirk in hominid behavior.


I think Agent Thoth is right, hominids can be quite odd at times. ;-)  You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-)  Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment