Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Alternative Proposals...


Hey Everyone!! :-)

Here's a little bit more of the third installment in the Petri Dish Chronicles! As always, the disclaimer is that this is a draft and, as such, it's unedited and likely full of errors and is subject to revision, revamping, and being completely scrapped and rewritten. But, with that in mind, I'm reasonably satisfied with the basics of it, at least at the moment, or I wouldn't have bothered posting it. Enjoy! :-)

Excerpt from Shifting Paradigms:
Petri returned the hard look to the strange being who was threatening the people she loved. And in a tone cold enough to rival the vacuum of space, she said, “The last people who tried something like that almost ended up dead themselves.”

The temperature of the smile Vlad was giving her seemed to rise by several degrees, and Petri thought she saw a glint of humor in his eyes. “Yes. As I said, that was mentioned.” Another shrug. "And I'm sure we'd all prefer to avoid such dramatics. Towards that end, do you have any suggestions on how to proceed?”

Maintaining her cold stare, Petri responded, “That’s what I asked you.”

“Ah, but you didn't like my suggestion. So, I ask again, do you have an alternative in mind?”

Allowing her gaze to finally drift, Petri shook her head. “Not really. I can feel the energy, but I can’t connect to it. Not the way I would with a living mind. I could try meditating, I guess. The way the Arcanum showed me. Relax into the patterns around me. Maybe that will help.” She shrugged. “But I don’t know."





 

No comments:

Post a Comment