Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 1353


Hey Everyone! 😊

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Thirteen-Hundred-Fifty-Three:
During my excursion into the area outside my domicile, I was able to observe that there are numerous species of small, flying arthropods that are not present during the daylight hours. The sheer number and diversity astonished me, and I longed to spend months devoted to cataloging them all and studying their habits. However, I was only able to examine one at close proximity, as it landed on my nose, extended a long, thin proboscis, and sunk it into my skin. From what I could tell, its purpose was to extract and consume my blood.

Unfortunately, despite my fascination with this extraordinary encounter, I was left with a most unpleasant souvenir. A large, itchy bump has formed at the point of contact. I can only surmise it is a reaction by my immune system to some substance secreted by the strange creature.

I was so distracted by this development, in fact, that I failed to pay adequate attention to my surroundings. My inattention allowed my hominid-servant to catch up with me, and she scooped me up and returned me to my domicile before I could even begin to study any of the other nocturnal life in the area immediately outside my domicile.

Under most circumstances, I would have been most put out by her interference. But the aftereffects of my interaction with the flying creature were so disturbing, I actually welcomed the opportunity to return to the safety of my domicile.

Naturally, my hominid-servant then scolded me vociferously for my short adventure. But I simply ignored her, as I always do when she insists on vocalizing her irrationality. However, the bump remains to plague me with its incessant itching. I must admit, I believe, perhaps, in this one instance, my hominid-servant might have been correct. I should have stayed inside at night.


My, oh, my! Perhaps hominids are good for something. 😉 You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. 😉 Happy reading, everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment