Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Intriguing Possibilities...


Hey Everyone!! :-)

Here's a little bit more of the third installment in the Petri Dish Chronicles! As always, the disclaimer is that this is a draft and, as such, it's unedited and likely full of errors and is subject to revision, revamping, and being completely scrapped and rewritten. But, with that in mind, I'm reasonably satisfied with the basics of it, at least at the moment, or I wouldn't have bothered posting it. Enjoy! :-)

Excerpt from the third Petri Dish book:
“Even if I go into the rainbow, I probably can't do what you want me to do. I've never done it before."

“Actually, Per Dish, I believe you may have partially accomplished the type of meld required for this merger of organic minds to synthetic minds,” interjected Vlad.

Petri startled at the interruption, and turned towards the screen. “I’m sorry, what did you say?”

“I said, I believe you partially blended your mind with the ‘mind’ that is the rainbow. I have spent quite a bit of time examining the signature echoes you left behind the first few times you connected, before you learned to shield yourself, and I believe that your mind instinctively tried to connect to the digital network in the same way you connect to the network of the organic hive-mind the Arcanum call the Collective.”

Astonished at what she was hearing, Petri blinked. “What?”

The enigmatic entity nodded. “Indeed. It was such an intriguing possibility; it’s what prompted me to reach out to you in the first place. Ultimately, your first few attempts were unsuccessful and disturbing to you, but your mentor," he inclined his head towards the lead Arcanum, “informed me that your first attempts to connect to their Collective were also overwhelming and difficult. It took time, patience, and guidance before you were able to successfully navigate within the network without losing your grip on your mind or your anchor to your body. The hope is that you and I will be able to work together to design a guide that the other Arcanum can use to replicate the meld you will create.”


No comments:

Post a Comment