Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Getting Some Tail...


Hey Everyone!

I thought it was time for a break in all the seriousness, so here's a little nonsense for your reading pleasure. Enjoy! ;-)

Bartleby, aka The Small, is a strange little dude. He's a bit of a spook and will startle over nothing and take off to hide out under my bed for hours. But when it comes to the other furry people, he's pretty chill. He tends to get along fairly well with everyone and, generally, everyone gets along with him.

So, I was a bit surprised when I heard him in the other room hissing and growling and creating a ruckus. I went to check on him and see who had gotten him so worked up because, like I said, that kind of behavior was totally out of character for him. But when I got there, he was completely alone. It was just him in the room. Him and his tail.

You see, it was his tail that had offended him so badly. I'm not sure what his tail did to provoke him, but he was sitting there staring it down and growling. And every time it twitched, he smacked it and hissed at it. To be fair, he did try to get away from it several times, but the darn thing kept following him!

Fortunately, I was able to intervene and calm him down. Since I don't know what happened between them, I wasn't able to aid in any negotiations. But my presence seemed to give The Small some peace of mind, and he doesn't seem to be quite so determined to settle their differences with violence.

Still, he does keep casting deeply suspicious looks over at his tail, especially if it happens to move. So, I'm not yet certain that hostilities won't resume.





2 comments: