Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 1085


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day One-Thousand-Eighty-Five:
Another necessary addition to my list of rules occurred to me, today, when my hominid-servant, once again, deployed the intoxicating herb to devastating effect. Naturally, once the scent of that flaky siren hit my senses, I abandoned all sense of dignity and propriety and wallowed amongst the fluttery leaflets. As they clung to my fur, I became ensorcelled by their consuming affect on my psyche and found myself adrift in an ocean of sensation. I was truly completely enthralled in a way no other substance of my experience has ever managed.

To add insult to injury, my hominid-servant took advantage of my helpless condition to make several alterations to my fur that she had been attempting to achieve for some time now, but which I had expressly rejected. My disapproval of these changes was so strong, I had even deployed the C.L.A.W.S. to enforce it. Though I am always reluctant to do so against my dim, but well-meaning, hominid-servant. But, alas, while in the grips of that insidious herb, I was unable to respond to her sabotage of my cultivation of mats—the better to understand the adhering properties of certain forms of keratin proteins, of course—and must now begin my experiment again.

Which brings me to the new rules I have added to my list: The presence of the intoxicating herb is completely forbidden in my domicile under any circumstances. And, any alterations made to my person may only be done when I am in a fit state to respond and consent to their application. Now, if only I can discover a way to communicate these restrictions to my hominid-servant in a way that her limited intellect is able to process.


Tricksy hominids! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment