Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 1015


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day One-Thousand-Fifteen:
I’m uncertain, but I think my young companion may have alerted me to something of which I was previously unaware. He has been shadowing my hominid-servant whenever she enters the room where she attends to her sanitation needs. His determination to never allow her to enter the room alone is such that if she does happen to close the door before he joins her, he sits at the entrance and howls while digging at the side of the door in an attempt to cause it to open.

At first, I thought this was merely revenge for her preventing him from continuing to bully the canid, but it occurred to me that the extreme level of distress he experiences whenever she enters this room might have another, more concrete, basis. I have never observed any sign of matter transference technology among the hominids, but if the room my hominid uses for sanitation purpose also contains the means for her to relocate herself without having to first pass through the main door to my domicile, which inevitably makes us aware of her leaving, then the fear of abandonment might be what is driving my excitable protégé’s behavior.


To be honest, this room has long been a concern for all the members of my domicile save my hominid-servant. I had always thought this to be because it’s the room in which she insists on voluntarily submerging herself in liquid H2O, which is clearly something only a deranged individual would do. But, perhaps, if my youthful compatriot has witnessed something, as I suspect he may have, then my unease has been due to my having picked up on a warning from my subconscious regarding the dangers present within the room. Matter transference technology is complicated and prone to error and, frankly, I’m not certain hominids are psychologically stable enough to handle dealing with the responsibilities associated with such a power as the ability to appear and disappear anywhere and whenever one wishes. I will carefully monitor this situation and report back on any further developments.


Those tricksy hominids! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment