Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 995


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Nine-Hundred-Ninety-Five:
The juvenile felid has, I believe, been attempting to renegotiate the hierarchy of our domestic arrangement. His actions indicate that he seeks to assume dominance over me, and I believe this is due to his desire to establish unchallenged control of the baubles. Anytime I enter the space beneath my hominid-servant’s sleeping platform, he growls and hisses. His verbal discontent isn’t aimed directly at me, as he refuses to make eye contact with me when he does it, but its occurrence does correlate with my proximity to the bauble stash he maintains.

The little idiot has also taken to ambushing me at random intervals as I move through my domicile. During these attacks, the tiny pest makes every effort to force me onto my back and pin me down. Thus far, he has refrained from engaging in true violence during these wrestling matches. Though, I’m uncertain if this is because he does not wish to escalate the matter that far or if he is simply afraid of my hominid-servant's reaction to actual bloodshed.

For her part, my hominid-servant rarely takes note of the diminutive annoyance’s actions, and when she does it is only to deploy the H2O spray against us both. I find this lack of concern to be most aggravating because the youthful moron’s behavior is wreaking havoc on my ability to conduct my research. Naturally, as I am the most superior life form on this planet, the possibility of actually submitting to my irrational companion is out of the question. So, it seems I am doomed to be plagued by this foolishness until the ridiculous nincompoop loses interest.


Arrrgh!! A pox on unruly felids! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!




2 comments:

  1. Love the kitty and his picture. He's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a stock photo of a model kitty, but I agree he's a handsome guy. :-)

      Delete