Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 940


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Nine-Hundred-Forty:
Today, while my hominid-servant was in the midst of one of her cleaning frenzies, the canid approached the juvenile felid from behind. My young companion had concealed himself beneath a flimsy piece of furniture that my hominid-servant uses to store small items she uses frequently. Unfortunately, the little idiot only hid his front half but left his backend sticking out from beneath his hiding place. My hominid-servant was running one of her unreasonably noisy cleaning contraptions when the canid noticed the small annoyance’s backend and decided to investigate.

When the canid nosed my youthful compatriot’s hindquarters, it startled the tiny halfwit. He jumped and upended the furniture he was beneath, which scattered the contents around the room. This upset my hominid-servant greatly, as she began making screeching noises and chased the little fool and the canid around my domicile.

As punishment, my hominid-servant confined both the canid and my adolescent protégé in separate boxes for a brief period of time while she gathered her belongings and restored them to their storage place. As she did this, she eyed me several times as if she was considering confining me as well; though this would have been horribly unfair, as I had nothing to do with causing the commotion. Still, I thought it wise to not tempt the capriciousness of hominids, and so made myself scarce until she displayed evidence that she had regained her emotional equilibrium.


Sheesh! Hominids can be unpredictable! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment