Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Friday, March 22, 2019

#Interview With John Searancke!


Hey Everyone!!

John Searancke is here with us, today. John, will you tell us about yourself and how many books you have written?

John: My name is John Searancke, and I am aged 75. I am married and I have written three books, all of which have been published by the same publishing house.

Me: Wow! Congratulations! :-) What's the name of your latest book and what inspired it?

John: My latest book, which has only just been published this month, is entitled The Reluctant Hotelkeeper. It is a prequel to my first book, and tells the story of my life as a hotelier from my early twenties onwards, turning an old ruin into a well thought of country house hotel.

Me: Sounds interesting. What are you working on now?

John: Having just finished that book, I am having a breather and fortunately Christmas came along just at the right time. Now that's done, I shall be concentrating on concluding my family tree, now over 300 entries and going back nearly 400 years. After that…

Me: Fun! What authors, or books, have influenced you?

John: I have always been an avid reader of books, so nobody especially has influenced me. My reading covers a very broad spectrum.

Me: That's a great way to learn to appreciate a variety of viewpoints. :-) What are you reading now?

John: I am currently enthralled by Manda Scott and her historical novel about Joan of Arc.

Me: Cool! For those who might consider reading your book, what would you tell them to expect?

John: That rather depends on which book you read! My personal favourite is Prunes for Breakfast, which tells the intimate story of my father during WW2, from his enlistment right through his time in Normandy and later incarceration in a German prisoner of war camp. Parts of it are a bit harrowing, and required significant research, including to the actual battlefields where my father fought. But judge it for yourself.

Me: Sounds like your father lived an eventful life! What is your favorite part of being an author?

John: I really enjoy the actual writing process and seeing a story develop into printed words as I create them. There is something very satisfying about that.

Me: Yes, the act of creating is definitely a rush. :-) Do you have a day job as well?

John: No, too old to employ, and probably too curmudgeonly (says my wife).

Me: Ha! What would you say are the hardest, and easiest, parts about being a writer?

John: Writing is not difficult. The difficult part is turning your writing into something worthwhile. For that you need the best editor that you can get. I was lucky to have the same editor for all three of my books.

Me: Oh, I agree, good editors are definitely worth their weight in gold! What genre do you place your book in?

John: All three books fall into the memoir category.

Me: Nice! Anything else you'd like to tell your readers?

John: Keep reading and keep reviewing! Authors such as myself need you.

Me: Amen! And so these fine folks can do just that, are there any links you'd like me to post?

John: Here they are:

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07LB7WLZM
www.amazon.com/dp/B07LB7WLZM

Website: www.johnsearancke.com
John Searancke Pinterest profile page: https://www.pinterest.com/johnsearancke/author-john-searancke/
John Searancke Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/john.searancke.1
Twitter: https://twitter.com/johnsearancke

Me: Awesome! Thank you so much for stopping by, today, John. And thank you also to the rest of you who joined us. Don't forget to check back tomorrow for the latest in Mistral Dawn's Musings! :-)










No comments:

Post a Comment