Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 929


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Nine-Hundred-Twenty-Nine:
When the bushy-tailed rodent made its appearance today, my hominid-servant happened to, coincidentally, be in the process of bringing inside some packages that had been left outside the door to my domicile. The juvenile felid, of course, took advantage of the open door and launched himself past my hominid-servant's attempt to grab him. His mad bid for freedom alarmed the subject of his interest, which promptly scurried up into the topmost branches of the nearest tree.

My young protégé, closely pursued by my apoplectic hominid-servant, chased the small creature and began climbing the tree in an effort to attain his dream of capturing the busy-tailed rodent. Though, what he would do with it if he did catch it is something I have no clear understanding of. But before he could climb higher than she could reach, my hominid-servant plucked him off the side of the tree and transported him back inside my domicile.

Naturally, my youthful companion was not at all pleased with this treatment, and he voiced his displeasure at the top of his lungs. My hominid-servant responded by giving him her hardest stare  ̶  something I have to admit is rather intimidating coming from such a large creature, even knowing she would never harm myself or any other occupant of my domicile  ̶  which inevitably resulted in his surrender, albeit a sulky one, and retreat to his lair beneath her sleeping platform.

Argh! Foiled again! ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment