Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Friday, December 14, 2018

#Announcement: The MoMmY-Go-RoUnD By Eleanor Alspaugh!


Hey Everyone!! :-)

My friend Eleanor Alspaugh is here today to tell us all about her new book, The MoMmY-Go-RoUnD. Eleanor, take it away! :-)

Eleanor Alspaugh/The MoMmY-Go-RoUnD:

Author (and photographer) Eleanor Alspaugh has won two book awards for The MoMmY-Go-RoUnD, but she has been shaking things up and broadening her outreach with the hopes that more readers (men love it too!) will check out and enjoy this book! She recently released a new cover to her eBook that captures the essence of the often­­ ­CRaZy life of a Mom! In addition to a new look, the eBook price has also been reduced 25 percent celebrating this new look! Even better, not long ago, this award-winning book, The MoMmY-Go-RoUnD, was added to the many eBooks available free on Kindle Unlimited. The paperback cover will also be updated in the coming months. In the spirit of giving back, Eleanor is also just one of the many talented authors participating in the Winter Wonderland of Reading Author and Blogger 2018 Christmas Giveaway which offers many prizes to readers as well as a grand prize and is free to enter! You can visit her Facebook or web and blog sites listed below for entry information. Eleanor has also partnered with the Whistlestop Bookshop, a supporter of the book located in Carlisle, Pennsylvania where she resides with her husband and family. For a limited time only, with each purchase of The MoMmY-Go-RoUnD from the Whistlestop Bookshop, shoppers will receive a Free #MomLife tote celebrating the fun yet often CrAzY life of a mother! This award-winning book with the fun Tote will make a great gift for Moms, Family & Friends, babysitters, co-workers and others. This offer is also available at their online site located at www.whistlestoppers.com (note: shipping charges will apply). With 5 Star Reviews both professionally and by readers like yourself, you will ‘Enjoy Your Ride’ on The MoMmY-Go-RoUnD!!


Visit or follow Eleanor on this crazy ride at the following:
Website: https://www.photosbyel.com/
Blogsite: https://themgr.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TheMommyGoRound
https://twitter.com/elalspaugh
https://www.instagram.com/elalspaugh/
https://www.pinterest.com/photosbyel/



Information about The MoMmY-Go-RoUnD:

The MoMmY-Go-RoUnD -- Winner of the 2016 Pacific Book Award for Best Parenting – Family Book and the 2016 Readers' Favorite Bronze Medal Winner in the Non-Fiction - Parenting category!

The MoMmY-Go-RoUnD is a heartwarming and humorous book which breaks the Motherhood Code of Silence with A Tell ALL series of essays on Motherhood, Childhood and Everything in between. It brings humor and love together while honestly sharing the often UNSPOKEN yet all too true experiences in raising children and the CrAzY balancing act and understanding heart Motherhood requires! It’s guaranteed to make you laugh and shed a few tears! If a mother, you will definitely realize YOU ARE NOT ALONE AND IT IS ALL NORMAL!! Dads have confessed to loving the book’s family interactions too! The MoMmY-Go-RoUnD leaks secrets from the “Motherhood Code of Silence” that even your own Mother won’t share with you! Prepare to read true confessions from the author’s own childhood and relationship with her Mother as well as the author’s "payback" role as a CrAzY hardworking mother of 3! And just in case you weren’t aware --- be warned of the existence of the Dreaded Parental Curse that may come back to haunt YOU too!! Filled with laughs, heartaches, and the joys of parenthood, you’ll be encouraged to embrace the MOM-Life experience completely with all the phases and craziness you’ll experience from infant to teen and even the fun and help of siblings and extended family! And let’s not forget Dad’s role as there’s plenty of humor when he takes charge!! Don't hesitate a moment longer! Grab a Ring on The MoMmY-Go-RoUnD and prepare for the ride of your life!! Five Star ratings & a 97% Serious Reading rating! Interview with Eleanor Alspaugh available at https://www.SeriousReading.com Book or eBook found on Amazon & on Kindle Unlimited, B&N & select bookshops like the Whistlestop Bookshop!



Excerpt from Chapter 18: Christmas in July

Being a parent has truly taught me the meaning of the expression, “Christmas in July.” It is the time of year that some children, especially mine, begin to write their Christmas lists…oh and one other thing…they begin to whine about how far off Christmas actually is!!

I’m fairly certain that when the summer gets a little boring, and a bit too hot, there’s summer reading out there that outlines the rules that children follow when making a COOL Christmas List. The first rule is to make the list I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-Y LONG! In fact, my daughter likes to make it long enough so that she can be truly despondent that she will NEVER EVER TRULY GET WHAT SHE WANTS (this year that is…) In fact, to hear it from them, they never do get what they REALLY want. (Forget the fact that a mere six months ago, they received the majority of another rather endless list of overpriced items, most of which are now cluttering up my living room, bedrooms, and playroom areas.)

Anyway, it was a hot July evening when my daughter decided to “Cool off” by writing this year’s Christmas list. She completed the list then proceeded to begin the sales pitch by gently “walking me” through her winter wonderland wish list. Not being of the Christmas giving spirit myself that Christmas List Eve, I did my best rendition of Scrooge. This response caused the list to be abandoned on my kitchen island with her modifying title, new and in my opinion, improved, as “The Never Christmas List.”

Christmas Confessions…
Now I ask you, where would my child get this rather annoying, yet comical

habit from? There can be only one answer… The Parental Curse… Used only as a last resort, and I’m sure when my own parents reached their breaking point from what else but...MY CHRISTMAS LIST!!!!

Yes, I confess. I did it. Mine was no ordinary Christmas list…My brothers were witness to this. My list was in fact almost the entire Sears Wish book with basically everything under the sun circled as a “MUST HAVE!” In an “honest” effort to save my parents some money, I skipped a few boy items here and there. In retrospect, I should have crossed off the few things I didn’t want rather than waste all that time circling things!!

Anyway, can I help it if my begging, pleading and dare I admit it?? My WHINING was much more “effective” than my brothers trying to kill each other throughout the rest of the year? Looking back, I’m now sure that my whining was the clincher that drove my poor parents to the ultimate punishment I’m still paying for… the dreaded Parental Curse cast upon their beloved daughter during a brief moment of parental insanity!! By the time I was done with poor Mom and Dad, they were probably in a state of (sticker) shock and asking that age-old Jimmy Stewart question spoken in “It’s a Wonderful Life,” “Why do we have to have all these kids anyway???”

And so it came to pass. I deserved and became a victim of Parental revenge. A
simple curse that could escalate my children’s innocent act of making a “simple, little Christmas list” into a Whine Fest complete with written documentation… This incredibly powerful Parental Curse designed to punish me for years on end. And me asking the same question my parents most likely asked years before... Whatever became of those “visions of sugarplums” dancing ONLY in the heads of sleeping children!! What is it that then compels the darlings to put the visions down on paper, in list format no less? I think the answer will come out when my children write their rebuttal to this book due out in paperback in the year 2025…








No comments:

Post a Comment