Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 688


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Six-Hundred-Eighty-Eight:
Today, once again, a cardboard container appeared outside my domicile. After my hominid-servant brought it inside, I dissuaded her from contaminating the evidence through the simple expedient of sitting on the container until she lost interest. Every time she attempted to remove me from my perch, I hissed at her and threatened to deploy the C.L.A.W.S. Once she gave up her attempts to interfere with my research, I undertook to open the container so as to examine its contents.

The first step was to remove the cardboard covering. This proved a challenge, as I lack the opposable thumbs possessed by my hominid-servant, and I was obliged to strip off the covering in shreds and layers until its original structure was no longer perceivable. This did, however, result in successfully revealing the contents hidden within so that I could properly catalog them.

The contents were as follows: 4 books printed on pressed and sliced dead tree remains, 1 digitally recorded video stored on a plastic disc, and 1 scented wax cylinder with a centralized wick in a decorative glass container. Fortunately, the way by which I was forced to reveal these items did not disrupt their integrity, as I am certain my hominid-servant would not have responded favorably such a mistake. However, luck, as they say, is a fickle mistress, and so I will make a note to use more care when opening such packages in the future. As, naturally, it will be necessary to do, since a sample size of one is hardly useful.

As a side note, I do have to say that while my aggression display was successful in dissuading my hominid-servant from interfering in my research, I do feel a bit uneasy about threatening a creature who routinely lavishes a significant amount care and attention on my person. I will have to consider the matter and see if I can devise any equally effective methods that don't cause such a faithful servant to fear for her safety.

Aww! Those hominids can be so endearing ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment