Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Thursday, February 11, 2016

#Interview With Rachel Walter



Hey Everyone! :-)

Rachel Walter is joining us today.  Rachel, will you please tell us about yourself and how many books you have written?

Rachel:  My name is Rachel Walter and I live in Pennsylvania. I have 3 stepkids, 1 daughter, and a crazy species confused cat.  I have an adult contemporary - A Message of Flowers. an YA PNR series - True Connection (book one) and Soul Promise (book two) in The Soul Mate Series, and Pucked - a YA Contemporary.

Me:  Wow! You've been busy! :-)  What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it?

Rachel:  Pucked is a story about the effects of Parental Alienation on the kids involved and those closest to them. There's not much fiction about this, but it's definitely something that needs shared. So many families struggle with this, and a lot of times the kids don't even know it's happening. There are many forms of this type of mental abuse, but I chose to only touch the tip of the iceberg with Pucked. I do plan to write about PA more in the future.

Me:  Sounds like it's an issue that's very important to you.  What are you working on now?

Rachel:  Currently, Twisted Destiny (The Soul Mate Series) book three.

Me:  Cool!  What authors, or books, have influenced you?

Rachel:  S.E. Hinton will always hold a dear part of me. The Outsiders was the first book I read that made me cry and laugh and all the feelings that I never felt from a book before. It opened the floodgates and threw me into a love affair with literature.

Me:  Yeah, that's definitely a classic, Pony Boy. ;-)  What are you reading now?

Rachel:  I'm currently between books :( I read a romance last and I'm thinking I want something like a thriller or maybe something with a comedic spin to it. I just haven't found anything that's grabbed me yet. I'm open to suggestions though.

Me: Well, there are a lot of excellent books out there! :-)  For those who might consider reading your book, what would you tell them to expect?

Rachel:  Every reader is different and interprets a story differently, but I'd say you can expect to be angry or frustrated. It's the topic, promise.

Me:  Well, some topics are like that.  What is your favorite part of being an author?

Rachel:  The creation and research parts. Writing the actual story that will hopefully touch one person's heart.

Me:  Yeah, it's always a good feeling when you can do that. :-)  Do you have a day job as well?

Rachel:  Being a mom and stepmom totally counts, right? I'm also my daughter's guide in kindergarten (cyber school).

Me:  Wow! That definitely counts! :-)  What are the hardest and easiest parts about being a writer?

Rachel:  I think this has one answer, for me anyway. The creation and research parts. I LOVE it and hate it all at the same time.  Also, a bonus hard part is marketing.

Me:  Yeah, I think the marketing part is hard for a lot of us.  What genre do you place your book in?

Rachel:  Pucked is definitely young adult contemporary

Me:  Wonderful.  Is there anything else you'd like to tell your readers?

Rachel:  Thank you for sticking with me through the painfully long wait for the next book, and for not getting awful with me when I'm apologizing a dozen times for the wait.

Me:   Understanding readers are terrific! :-)  Are there any links you'd like me to post?

Rachel:
Blog- rachelwalterauthor.blogspot.com
Twitter- www.twitter.com/rachelw_auth
Facebook- www.facebook.com/rachelwalterauthor
Instagram- rachelwalterauthor
http://rachelwalterauthor.blogspot.com/p/young-adult.html - this is to a page that has all the links for Pucked

Me:  Perfect!  :-) Thank you so much for joining me today, Rachel.  And thank you everyone else who dropped by too!  Don't forget to check back tomorrow for the next installment of Mistral Dawn's Musings! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment