Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Monday, April 13, 2015

Marco Marek Interviewed By Mistral Dawn

Hi Everyone!! :-)

Marco Marek has joined us today! Marco, will you us about yourself and how many books you have written.

Marco: I have born and raised in Turin, Italy, I have worked for Fiat factory for some years after moved to London, England for do the waiter and then to Southend on Sea, Essex, I've been in UK for a total of 10 times!
I love to travel, I've been throughout all Europe and once in New York, i love photography and I have taken thousand of photos, I like to paint too and to play with photoshop, I created cover of my book.
In 2010 I had the idea of Hyperearth after had visited a castle in Slovakia, i have written 3 books, but I have in mind already the sequel of Hyperearth.

Me: Wow! A world traveler! :-) What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it?

Marco: Amstel Noir 2000 is the title I gave it but when I finish I will look better if keep it or change it. Well I visited Amsterdam years ago and I liked the canals so I based the story there, and I would like to write a thriller.
Me: Interesting. :-) What are you working on now?

Marco: I'm working at Amstel Noir 2000, also if I stopped a while, because promoting Hyperearth took me lot of time, I'm putting ideas together for continue the story

Me: Yes, promoting does take a lot of time. Are there any authors, or books, who have influenced you?

Marco: Since I like write fantasy, J.K.Rowling influenced me and also the book The Lord of the Rings had big impact on me, I read also Paulo Coelho, Oscar Wilde.

Me: Yes, those are definitely some classics. :-) What are you reading now?

Marco: I'm finish to read Summer Enchanted of KK Allen and after I will start the sequel The Equinox, and the Lament of Sky of BB Wynter

Me: Cool! :-) For those who might consider reading your book, what would you tell them to expect?

Marco: Well it is a story for children and young adults, based on a fantasy world in another dimension, with wizards good and bad , some strange creatures and amazing places to discover, If the reader like this genre will be happy to read it. Who would expect sex, will not be satisfied along with violence and bad language.

Me: Sounds family friendly. :-) What is your favorite part of being an author?

Marco: I think it is to make fly the reader with fantasy with your story and make them happy and also the contact with readers/fans that tell what they like and show support

Me: Yes, readers are awesome! :-) Do you have a day job as well?

Marco: I have part time job, I would like have full time but times we having now it is not easy find full time job. I'm ready to move to another country if I find a good offer, I don't mind!

Me: True, it can be hard to find a job. :-) What is the hardest and easiest part about being a writer?

Marco: Well the easiest part is to write, at least for me, research is light hard sometimes but okay, the hardest is when you finish to write the book, there are so much things to do, do editing, proofread, cover, fill forms, mobi/epub/word file conversion etc.

Me: Yes, there is a lot to do other than writing. :-) What genre do you place your book in?

Marco: The genre of my book is Fantasy, well the main characters the two girls live at our time, but when they transfer to Hyperearth they are in a kind of fantasy medieval time, epic too.

Me: Sounds fun. :-) Is there anything else you'd like to tell your readers?

Marco: I agree that we don't have support of traditional publishing companies and literary agents, so we have to promote our books ourselves. Yes the big gift the reader can do is write a review, positive of course is the best, this is a big help because when you have more reviews and stars you can be more popular and the book is more visible. I know that many are lazy for write a review and also for read too, but for who has chose Indie is a good help and prize for the work have done. And who knows the dream of every Indie is to sign with a publishing company, and it is mine too !

Me: Yes, reviews are wonderful and always appreciated! :-) I wouldn't say every indie author dreams of being signed by a publishing company, but many do. :-) So these fine folks can find your work, are there any links you'd like me to post?

Marco: Follow me on this sites

http://marcomarekauthor.blogspot.it/
https://twitter.com/1MarcoMarek
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marco-Marek/745394818879202
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/502573
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R9NRX4M
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23942444-hyperearth

2 comments: