Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Monday, April 6, 2015

A.W. Daniels Interviewed By Mistral Dawn

Hi Everyone!! :-)

Today  AW Daniels has been kind enough to join us to tell us about his books.  AW, please tell Us about yourself and how many books you have written. :-)

AW: I'm kind of private Mistral. I've written 5 books, 2 that I've self published. Genetically Privileged and Genetically Conflicted.

Me: Very cool! What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it?

AW: Genetically Conflicted is the most recent of the series. It's a continuation of Genetically Privileged. The main theme is about technology and the impact it has on society. In GC we see the story from the eyes of the genetically altered children and get a glimpse of what they think of the society that created them.

Me: Sounds spooky! :-) What are you working on now?

AW: The third of the series, Genetically Rejected. The genetically Privileged children are growing up and leaving the nest. We see them preparing themselves to take their place in society.

Me: Wow! That must make you feel good, seeing the "kids" you created grow up. :-) What authors, or books have influenced you?

AW: I look at my book shelves and see Vonnegut, Voltaire, Machiavelli, Cervantes, a litany of medical research manuals, Colbert, George Orwell, it's all over the place!

Me: I have to say, I love Orwell's stories. ;-) What are you reading now?

AW: No time to read. Researching for Genetically Rejected.
Me: Ha! I think a lot of authors could sympathize with you there. For those who might consider reading your book, what would you tell them to expect?

AW: To ask themselves, what would I do if I was handed a gift of technology above and beyond the norm? Would I use it to help myself? Or help others? Would I capitalize on the gift financially, to gain fame or power? Or would I use it to further society?

Me: Deep questions! What is your favorite part of being an author?

AW: Expanding my mind and breaking my own preconceived limits.

Me: Definitely admirable pursuits. :-) Do you have a day job as well?

AW: I don't talk about myself much.
Me: Fair enough. What would you say are hardest and easiest parts about being a writer?

AW: Hardest, research. Easiest creativity and blending facts with fiction to create a storyline.

Me: That story-building is a lot of fun! :-) What genre do you place your book in?

AW: Technically sci-fi though I ask society to look in the mirror throughout the work.

Me: Well, they sound like a really interesting read. Anything else you'd like to tell your readers?

AW: Read for enjoyment, ponder for self-improvement.

Me: Good goals! :-) And so these fine folks can find your awesome books, are there any links you'd like me to post?

http://www.awdaniels.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment