Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

What Patriotism Looks Like

 


Hey Everyone! 😊

I've posted similar sentiments in the past but, for some reason, I keep hearing this demand from both Democrats and Republicans. So, I'm going to repeat myself. And, just so everyone, on both sides of the aisle, understands, this goes regardless of which political party happens to be in power. Because, as you already know if you follow this blog, I really don't see much difference between the two major political parties in the US. But also, even if we did have a party in the US that actually tried to represent regular people and not just the ultra-wealthy and multinational corporations, I would still speak my mind and criticize them if I thought what they were doing was wrong.

So, just for the record, no I'm not going to "leave if [I] don't like what's happening in this country." I don't have to leave. I'm an American citizen and this is my country. Nor will I "shut up about it" when I disagree with what the government does. Because as a citizen I have both the right and the responsibility to hold the government to account. And, since this is my country, I'm willing to help try to get it back on track.

What's more, if the best response you can come up with to my arguments regarding what needs to change, why, and how is, "You're hurting my feelings so I want you to go away," well, then, Snowflake, might I suggest that you might want to reevaluate your position on the issues under discussion. Because if you truly believe you're correct, and I'm not, and the facts support that belief, then you should be able to do better than that.

Because an engaged, vocal, and active citizenry is exactly what patriotism looks like. And if you don't understand that, then you don't understand the principles that America was founded on. 

Peace!

#ThisBitchAintGoingAnywhere #ThisCountryBelongsToAllOfUs #DissentIsTheUltimatePatriotism



No comments:

Post a Comment