Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 1170


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Eleven-Hundred-Seventy:
I have recently had reason to reflect on how the same stimulus can provoke different reactions in different individuals. The area of this planet where I am stationed has reached the point in its revolution around the central star of this solar system where the local temperatures approach their maximum. Predictably, this results is increased turbulence in the atmosphere over this portion of the planet and the inevitable accompanying violent weather patterns. Included in these tumultuous atmospheric conditions are some rather loud storm fronts.

The noise produced by these tempests has differing effects on the various occupants of my domicile. Surprisingly, my hominid-servant has a similar reaction to my own, in that she largely ignores the sounds. I find this unexpected because of her general propensity for exaggerated reactions to anything that irritates or inconveniences her. However, perhaps her subdued response is due to the fact that her sense of hearing is so limited.

The canid’s reaction to the racket produced by these storms is, to my mind, the most annoying. Since it insists on adding its own vocalizations, creating a cacophony. On the opposite end of the spectrum is the way the juvenile felid responds. My young compatriot seems to find the din most intimidating, and so retreats to his sanctuary beneath my hominid-servant’s sleeping platform. There he waits in complete silence until the noise retreats into the distance. In fact, it’s not uncommon for him to remain in concealment until my hominid-servant calls him and offers food as an enticement.

It’s this last detail that has me wondering if it’s possible that the small pest might not have the best strategy. Because, while it requires that he go to some inconvenience by remaining in one place for an extended period of time, it also results in the greatest reward. As much as it would offend my dignity to do so, I am considering adopting my youthful protégé’s approach to responding to these periodic disturbances to the tranquility of my domicile. If I attempt this experiment, I will, naturally, report back on the outcome.


Hmmm... Something to consider. ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment