Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 1071


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day One-Thousand-Seventy-One:
As I predicted, the juvenile felid did make another attempt to evade my hominid-servant’s stricture against leaving my domicile. This time he demonstrated a level of patience that was as admirable as it was surprising….for him, at least. He waited until my hominid-servant’s attention was focused elsewhere – the canid was determinedly vocalizing, as it happened, and my hominid-servant was attempting to soothe him as she retrieved a package that had been left outside the door to my domicile – and my young companion took advantage of her distraction to slip through the door before she noticed he was there.

Unfortunately for the little idiot, and as he discovered for himself, the frozen precipitate coating the ground is extremely unpleasant on one's feet. And, at the moment, the depth of the layer that has accumulated exceeds the height of the average DPCIL Agent. The incautious fool leapt headfirst from the platform immediately outside the door to my domicile and disappeared into a pile of the cold, wet, mush. He immediately made a reappearance and headed, most precipitously, in the opposite direction.

The expression the tiny terror wore on his face, as he rushed past my startled hominid-servant and sprinted to his favorite hiding place beneath her sleeping platform, was difficult to decipher. I believe it was something between astonishment and a deep sense of betrayal. Though, what or who he believes betrayed him escapes me. I had hoped to interview him regarding his feelings about this experiment, but he persists in remaining in his retreat and responds to any attempts at communication with an irrational amount of hostility. As always, however, I will continue my efforts and report back on any further developments.


Drat! Foiled again. ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment